Author Topic: horrible accident here  (Read 1712 times)

angelsmama

horrible accident here
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:06:14 am »
It's all over the news and on CNN.. A school bus in Alabama flipped off an overpass and 3 students are dead so far :( I about broke down crying watching the news a few minutes ago on one of the updates, one of the girls who died has a little boy :( Poor baby lost his mama today :'( The bus driver amazingly is still alive, I don't see how though. The front of the bus is pretty much gone, it did a nose dive off the overpass. Here's the latest on it.

http://whnt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5707284

May everyone keep them and their families and your thoughts and prayers and may God be with the ones who lost their family today  :'(

Kirsti

Re: horrible accident here
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:07:20 am »
Oh how sad! I will listen for it on the news tonight! My Prayers go with the familys!

~K

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:16:33 am »
That is soo sad,I'm happy not to be watching the news.
Prayers and doggy angels go out to the families.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 06:30:09 pm »
how horrible.  Our prayers are with the families.
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:24:10 pm »
The driver survived because drivers have seat belts.  Students don't in that state.  A bus company manager was interviewed and asked why they don't have seat belts.  They said it was too expensive, as much as $6,000.00 per bus.  Sounds cheap to me...

The really sad part is that the accident was caused by the bad driving skills of a fellow student who was supposed to be following the bus to the event, but for some reason decided to try to pass and cut them off.

Back in the dark ages when I was in High School, I never got to ride in the bus because my parents believed it was too dangerous because of the exhaust fumes (asthma) and the lack of seat belts.  I resented being kept from a social even, but I am still here to complain.

The NHTSA says that every year about 8,000 children are injured in bus crashes and nine die.  These states, California, Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey and New York, require seat belts in school busses.  Other states have belt rules in the works. 

So sad.  :(

The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua