Author Topic: Looking for a home for our Pyrenees  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Wren

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Looking for a home for our Pyrenees
« on: November 22, 2006, 11:50:51 am »
We are looking for a loving home for our great pyrenees, Beowulf. He is 2 years old, purebred, though not papered. He is a very sweet boy, very gentle and was raised around children since a pup. He is good with livestock, poultry and horses, though has a tendancy to chase cats.

The only reason we are looking to rehome him, is due to his strong will to roam. He loves to explore and has selective hearing when it comes to "come".  :-\ We've tried obedience training, he's great on a leash! Heels great, sits, comes, etc--but as soon as he know's he's unclipped it is like he shuts his ears off. We already redid the fencing for our 5 acre yard, just for him--as our other dogs stay home fine, but he's found a flaw in the design and can slip through the bottom.  :(  We can't afford to refence our yard, and I hate to keep him tied all the time, but I do not want him to get hit by a car (we live next to a busy road).
Thus, we are painfully offering him up for adoption. I dont know what else to do!

He's really a good boy, just needs a secure yard. A very mellow guy, very sweet. TO GREAT HOME ONLY!! Located in Southern CA (San Diego).
$300 to good home. Please, I really love this dog--he deserves the best of homes.
Please e-mail me for photos and information at: orangecota@aol.com if you are interested or know someone who is.

Thank You.

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a home for our Pyrenees
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 07:44:46 pm »
You could build a kennel run with a concrete floor.  We built one for our escape-artist Vizsla, and liked it so much we built two more.  They are covered to discourage climbing.

We got a newfie instead of our second choice, the pyr, because we had been told by breeders that pyrs like to wander and bark. 

I can't have it, got two more dogs already in the works.  :(
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: Looking for a home for our Pyrenees
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 08:06:30 pm »
You can run an electric wire around the inside bottom of the fence  Takes about 1/2 hour to put up and about $60  This is the electric fencing used for livestock not the underground  Absolutely guaranteed to keep him from going under - the dogs only hit the fence once and never try again.  We have it on our yard fence as well as the kennel fencing  If it will hold a herd of cattle trust me it will confine your dog.