Author Topic: scream for help..............venting  (Read 4843 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
scream for help..............venting
« on: July 01, 2005, 10:16:01 pm »
Yeah its me...... And no I have not been on here today, and all I have is a few mins then I have to go back to my poop, pee, paper shredding, tipped over plants, shoes on the floor duties.

I have never in my life felt like I am drowning like I am now. Its not funny I swear it is not, I have been walking around with 3 spray bottles in my hands for almost 3 days not, one with vinager, one with pinesol and one with natures miracle. I have been on all fours scrubbing and mopping and when I am done with the first 10 there are 25 more spots.

These puppies who mil dumped on me, have never been inside, they have no idea that you sleep in one area and poop and pee in another, they have never been going potty on grass, so we can be out with them for 45 min, of course doing nothing, the min we get in they all poop and pee. They sleep in their own poop. I have had to give them baths both yesterday and today. one has its ears cut and taped, two has only cut so tomorrow I have to tape and brace those ears, and the third one, because that vet didnt brace the ears, and if she doesnt have them braced she'll look like a total dork. The fourth is due for its cropping on thursday.

These puppies are cute, but they are retards, not their fault, but the way they have never been inside, never learnt to part where you go potty or sleep, never been on grass. It is just horrible.

Now I have to go wipe some more poop and then maybe just maybe I will get real drunk and go to sleep.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

Re: scream for help..............venting
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 10:38:32 pm »
oh marit if i lived by you i would be over in a heart beat!  im soooo sorry!  i know how that goes!  although i dont have 4, angus pissed in my house twice just today!

cant you keep the little buggars in a laundry room or something?  they ARE cute, but you cant potty trian them ALL in one day...the next best thing is put in one room!  with some kind of floor they arent going to ruin! 

im so sorry to hear you are having SUCH a hard time!

a guy i used to know had two dobies, a mother and a daughter....an d they both had a limp ear!  i LOVED IT...i thought they were the best lookin dobies i ever did see!  i think they should all have limp ears!  leave them un cropped mama marit!

and FYI....i did TOTALLY luahg picturing you running around with 3 spray bottles and 4 poopy puppies yelling curse words with your crazy little accent!  part of me wishes i was there to help, part of me wishes i was there to watch the show!

WHERE IS YOUR HUSBAND?  THATS WHAT I WANNA KNOW!

and where are our pix of the little devils?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 11:31:35 pm »
Poor Poor Marit! I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I am sure that your love and devotion to dogs will help them develop a sense of what to do and what not to do in the house. So, since you are so busy I will forgive you if you don't enter the contest but next month you have no excuse!  ;D
Post a pics of the little babies when you can. I'm dying to see them too. And yes, get drunk and go to sleep...it will all be better in the morning.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 12:03:41 am »
Marit, Do you have a fence?...Put them outside!...They'll live!...I have cats that puke...I know what it's like to run around with a bottle of Woolite One Step all day...It's the nature of  the beast. ;) :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 12:29:57 am »
Okay, Im sorry for being such a party poop, I usually dont freak out easily, but this is just too much.
Thanks girls though, and believe me I with you were here too, but as soon as you entered my house I can bet you all wished you were somewhere else lol.....

The situation is this. These pups have not in any way had a "normal" upbringing. The pups I have had knew how to wear a collar, fairly walk on leash and go potty outside when nine weeks (okay accidents happen hehe) But the so called puppy box these guys have had, has not given them a way to learn that you sleep in one area and if you have to go potty you have a different place to do so. These ones dont, they go, sleep and sit in the same place as they have gone poop and pee. I am not kidding when I say, I think these puppies will have serious problems to adjust to "normal" puppy and dog hood. I have them in one of my bathrooms, it is bigger than my laundry room and thought it would be nice enough for them. I put blankets out so they could sleep on and have a soft and comfy place, problem being they poop on blanket drag it around lay on the floor where the other goe is and end up soooooo nasty youd want to put on gloves before you lift them. AND they scream bloody murder the whole time they are in there and we are up. So I have tried to have them in the house, take them out once a hour, but like I said before they just dont get it. So first thing when we get in they go potty. The bathroom they have messed up so to the point so I both days have had to not only mop and pick piles from the floor, they have been standing with their nasty little paws on walls doors and well everywhere. So basically a from floor to ceiling clean up both days. AND bath for puppies both days too. Mind you they liked that.

Since they have never been in a house before, they are extremely impressed by all my plants, urns with silk flowers (have fewer now then two days ago) they appenently thought the carpet was for digging, so they managed to scratch up the carpet quite a bit. I thought Id put down paper on the floor in the bathroom, hahahaha not easier, they just shredded them, with poop and all.

I am to the point where I am having psychotic laughs when I see a puppy pee and run ther with my three bottles and a cloth, sent chris to home depot and bought some kind of white cloths comes in 30 pack they may last until sunday if I am lucky.

Chris built a little pen for them outside today, so they can be in there for a while and that way try and make them go potty outside. And we had an old dog house we cleaned out and have in that pen too. They seem to enjoy that, but they can not be out there too much, way too hot and humid and the flies are bad especially with cropped ears.

Nicker.... I agree I think dobies with uncropped ears are adorable, but Chris's mom doesnt so the one who is both cropped and taped, well it is just poorly done so I have to brace it. The two who have already been cropped, but yet not taped and braced, Since they already had to go through the cropping, I figured I could help and tape them, since it will be another week before they can take it to the vet who did it, and then it will only be a longer period they have to wear the taping.

Hubby well hmmmmm right now I should not get going, because it is HIS moms puppies and I have to do the whole lot I asked him if he could massage the testicle on the male, he just looked at me and said "that would be a bit too gay for me" hahahahaha such a dork. The male had only one test. dropped. And since I have done it before I said I could try, BUT only if she promised me to not sell him as breeding dog, but since they have to be intact for show and certain other activities. We are doing well though, the little ball is coming along just fine hehe.

Galahad is an angel,  I love him soooooo much. The puppies steel his toys, bother him on the couch, try and steel his food, push him away when he wants to drink, and he just has a look on his face like " ohhhhh well you are small and retarded, Ill put up with you"

And jaba......... scared of the competition ? HAHAHAHAHA I WILL FIND TIME TO ENTER, well it may be something extremely simple, but I am not going to miss bpo's 4th of july contest hehe.

Here are a couple of pics. This is after they have played and pooped and peed and shredded paper for a couple of hours, so they are cute for about 30 min lol..... And yes it is shredded paper on my floor, noone has to tell me my floors are dirty hehe. They have never seen a couch before wednesday, I have to say, they have adjusted rather well lol...

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline bonnieblink

• Gnawer
  • QuietWood Mastiffs
    • View Profile
    • QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and Otterhounds
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 05:18:29 am »
Sounds like an overwhelming situation.  Sending my sympathies!

It would be very hard to deal with four at once.  I'm not sure how old these pups are, but they appear fairly old.

When I raise puppies (I have a litter of 4-1/2 week old Spinoni right now), I work really hard to give them a good start and I've had Mastiff puppy buyers tell me the pup has NEVER had an accident in the house.  They start out in a whelping box of course which is kept very clean.  As soon as possible, I move them to a puppy playpen on my back deck.  We use shavings on floor of the pen.

I really like shavings because when the puppies stay quite clean and the poop is easily scooped out.  Plus....when they go to their new homes, owners can put some shavings on the ground where they want the pup to potty.  I've learned it is a whole lot easier to train a puppy WHERE TO GO than to teach them WHERE NOT TO GO.  I totally believe it is important to start puppies right and keep them extremely clean so they learn what you've pointed out your puppies have not....it is natural to not potty where you sleep and eat.  In a large enough and clean enough environment, even puppies barely able to walk will move away from their dam to potty once they are capable of going without stimulation.

I wish for you there was someone to help you with one pup at a time.  It will be harder I think with them all together because they are so big and active.  One at a time, they might be more careful where they step etc, which will help keep them cleaner.  I wish I had some magic for you at this point, but with them all together, I can't think of a really simple solution.

I feel you probably know how do make this happen one at a time.  I'm a big advocate of crate training, but with their past experience, they may not hesitate to just go in the crate.  So then I'd suggest using the tether method, but that only works with one pup at a time.  You fasten the dog to yourself full time.  That way they can't get away from your attention to go.  The second they squat, you startle them with a loud 'no' kind of word (I like "OUT") scoop them up (assuming you can carry them), hurry to the ONE spot where you want them to go and stay there until they finish(which yes, could take a while).  Praise praise praise. 

Wish I could help you!
Bonnie Blink
QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and one silly Otterhound

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 07:29:19 pm »
Wish we could all take a shift or two!  POOR you!!!  The mind boggles!  One day at a time, I guess, is the only way to get  a handle on it!

How did you end up with the MIL's pups?  She did the breeding and leaves you to do the tough stuff?  Hmmmm!!!!

I wish I had any kind of an idea to help...all the above ideas sound far better than anything I could come up with but you do have my sympathy and if you need someone to swear for you, I could get REAL creative with that!!!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 08:30:51 pm »
Ohhh, Marit!  I wish I was close enough to help you out - I totally would.  Hang in there - someday they will be "normal" nicely behaved grown-up dogs and that will be due to you, not your MIL! 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*