Author Topic: My New Topic - What are your passions  (Read 11755 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: My New Topic - What are your passions
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 10:13:44 am »
Oooo!  Forensics.  I love that subject.  They have a good program here at EWU and a master's at the WSU extension.  I think one instructos had worked on the "Green River Killer" case.  My sister says she wants to pursue that degree.  I hope she does.  She'd be good at it.

As for me:

Painting/art, photography, reading - Margaret Atwood, Noam Chomsky, Albert Camus, Robert Service, Pablo Neruda, writing - short horror fiction, camping, hiking, BPO, hobo spiders, grizzly bears, dogs, poetry, culture, science, behavior, remodeling the house, gardening, research, and just being a nerd and laughing at farts.  (I've found I cannot be serious all the time or I turn into an ogre).
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 10:52:08 am »
Moon- grizzly bears? Who knew! I love anything ending in the word bear...brown bear, panda bear, koala bear, polar bear, black bear, grizzly bear, toy bears, stuffed bears, bear figurines, sculptures, etc. I just love them! My classroom is nicknamed the bear room because their are teddies everywhere.
I also love the snow and beach, hiking, reading conspiracy books, sleeping and being pampered.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 02:12:52 pm »
Jabear - what grade do you teach?

Everyone who said reading - what are you favorite authors/genres? I love reading - I should have listed that but didn't think of it. I read about a book a week, and my favorites books are fictions that incorporate humor (authors like Nick Hornby, Dave Sedaris, or Christopher Moore ) and nonfiction books about quirky subjects (books like Word Freak, which is about competative scrabble players, or Bringing down the house which is the story of a group of MIT kids that went from innocent kids to stealthy card-counters)
RIP former BPO

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 02:39:24 pm »
Tina, I can't wait for the new Harry Potter book either.  Call me immature!  I love to read just about anything and everything!   I read voraciously, and I read pretty quickly so I can tear through a whole lotta books in a week!  

A book that I absolutely LOVE and recommend to everybody is "Carter Beats the Devil" by Glen Gold.  It is a fictional account of Carter the Great, a magician in the 1920's. (Carter actually was a real magician, but the story is made up.) It has murder, romance, magic tricks, and a lion named Baby in it - what is not to love? It is a wonderful book...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 04:05:45 pm »
Well....let's see....

Social Justice. The environment. ALL animals. KIDS!!!!! Teaching! Maps. Maps. Maps. Did I mention maps? The water....lakes, rivers, ocean, puddles....on it, in it near it, whatever!

I absolutely LOVE to cook.

Books. Love to read. I like political science stuff, and good, funny novels. I absolutely LOVE Tom Robbins. He CRACKS my @ss up! He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO O funny! (Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Half-asleep in Frog Pajamas, Jitterbug Perfume, they're all great!)

My daughter, my boyfriend. Oh, and there is this little stray kitty hanging out in my yard that I'm fierce about! hahah! I yell at my cats when they try and bully him!

Oh, one last thing....avaca does. Man, do I LOVE ME SOME AVOCADOS!!!

LONG LIVE AVOCADOES!