Author Topic: My New Topic - What are your passions  (Read 11745 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
My New Topic - What are your passions
« on: June 29, 2005, 07:37:45 pm »
I want to know what everyone is passionate about (besides dogs of course, which everyone here is obsessed with).

In addition to animals, I'm also passionate about food, and all kinds of art, and helping others... I will spend hours scouring the internet for recipes, experiment with different foods as much as time will allow, and watch food network all the time. And my big splurge has always been frequently eating out. I'm also passionate about art - both admiring it and creating it. I love art of all kinds, but my favorite kinds to make myself are photography and media (film and tv), both of which I studied intensively in college. And my whole life one of my big focuses has been to help others. I have volunteered and a bunch of different non-profits, and working in special ed I feel like I make a difference in people's lives, which is very important to me.

So those are my main passions. What are yous?
RIP former BPO

Offline gerry

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: My New Topic - What are your passions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:41:10 pm »
Martial arts & fast cars.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 07:55:06 pm »
Reading and music. 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:23:03 pm »
Youth hockey, (both my kids boy and girl play) riding my motorcycle, and reading almost anything printed between two covers.
Stella

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 12:36:13 am »
of course my family.

Rescue work for animals, dogs in particular
Horses and show jumping
Cooking
Everything my children is into for the moment
Crafting and sewing

Well I like a lot of stuff, but time isnt really on my side lol.... hmmmm and I think BPO just may have something to do with that hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Jason

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 08:46:52 am »
Music-Listening, playing and recording. Long drives- I don't have a fancy car or anything, but the time and open road allow me to clear my mind. And my loving and caring girlfriend. She is my every inspiration. Her smile is everything to me.

Jason

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 08:49:03 am »
Aren't you a doll, Jason.  The world needs more guys like you. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 08:52:14 am »
Forensic Investigation?  That would be so fascinating! 
Is that what you do? 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 09:57:04 am »
My family both furry & non furry, writing poetry, anything beautiful & gentle, people that live & let live!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 10:01:27 am »
I love to go on hikes although I havent been able to for quite some time. I like taking pictures of flowers and scenery, my kids,and Judge.
My family is also one of my passions.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 10:11:50 am »
besides my hubby and dog I love playing the piano.  I've been playing classical piano since I was 4 and will never stop. It allows me to get lost in my own world, let out aggression, share joy and any other emotions I am feeling.  I also love to read, do crafts, and quilt.  I am also in the process of decorating and painting our house so that has been pretty fun and always gives me something to do on the weekends.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 11:18:16 am »
i love film!  hence, the moving to hollywood!  i can't say this for the past year for many reasons, but until then, i lived, breathed, ate, and slept film and everytyhing to do with it. 

i write every day and every night.  half of it is a release of stress, half of it is a release of creativity...y ou would think they were the same, but they arent LOL.  i plan on being the next ben and matt!

my family and friends.  they are the reason i am here!  they are everytyhing to me that matters in this world!  as long as i have them, it really doesnt matter what else is gonig on!  pretty much, a day is not a day without talking to all of them!  they make my world worth living.

food.  hence pastry school LOL.  i LOVE cooking things, and i love even more to plate them.  i can, and have spent hours coming up with ways to plate the same dessert. lol.  i know, i have issues.

thats about it folks.  expect for my dogs.  but we arent supposed to mention them. hehe, i just did!  i win

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 11:25:48 am »
I like to read and crochet.  NO, I am not 80, I'm only 25.  I'm getting pretty good, I can follow almost any blanket pattern but mostly I just make stuff up as I go.
I like to take my dogs for walks.  I love kids, I'm sure one day I will have a few of my own.  But for now I have brand new nephew to torture.  
Below is a picture of me and Sam and then one of my brother's Rott with the other two dogs to his left in the background
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 11:27:59 am »
My animals are my life (&hubby too), horses have always been just about at the top of the list. I love Harley's & if it ever stops raining here I'll get to ride my new Dyna Low Rider.
My biggest passion is to figure out how I can stop working full time so that I can have time to do all that I want to do!
Carolyn
Carolyn

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 11:28:32 am »
Looks like this puppy is really up there saying "howdie".