Poll

Does your dog talk?

Oh yeah - we have full two-way conversations!
Yes but I have no clue what he is saying
No, but I can read his body language
Nope - he won't say a word

Author Topic: Poll on your dog's speaking skills  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Poll on your dog's speaking skills
« on: April 08, 2005, 02:02:38 pm »
Our bear cub is a big talker - I think he speaks several different languages too as he seems make very different and distinct sounds.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Poll on your dog's speaking skills
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 02:13:04 pm »
Lady and Grace talk ALL THE TIME!  It's almost like a chicken coop with all the chattering.  It sounds a lot like arguing sometimes. 

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 02:23:08 pm »
Seamus uses a different voice for different things.  If he is playing his bark is kind of a high pitched almost shrill bark.  And if he is trying to be tough at the window it is very deep and manly.  Sometimes if he is sleeping and he gets startled he has these little muffled barks, almost like he has a frog in his throat.  It's pretty cute.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:52:08 pm »
 Speaking in our house is more than barking, some of the sounds are too funny. The best is getting all 3 to howl!
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 03:10:20 pm »
When the "baby" wants attention it is like this... "grrr..huummmmm ...grrrrrgrrrr rrgrrrrr...mmm mhmmmmmm...rrr rrrrrr" :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline SaintMommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lucy and Charlie with puppy pal Bosley - 10 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 04:20:41 pm »
Cassie and Seamus must have the same bloodlines, his barks for different things sound exactly like Cassie.  I really like that I can distinguish, and I like it when I can tell that there is something definately wrong.  How old is Seamus now? 
Thanks much,
Renee & Mark

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 01:44:51 am »
When the "baby" wants attention it is like this... "grrr..huummmmm ...grrrrrgrrrr rrgrrrrr...mmm mhmmmmmm...rrr rrrrrr" :D

I love it! You speak dog!  :D
My Rosie is a real chatterbox. She actually kind of sounds like Scooby Doo! She makes these big swoopy noises that start high then dip low, low, as low as she can get, then swings back up to a high pitch. She really varies them too, like it seems as tho she is playing with the sound. And she never does this to the other dogs, only when she's enteracting with people - so we really think she might be trying to talk to us!

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 10:45:45 am »
It's funny I just sent you a message saying Seamus and Cassie look so alike too.  You can't tell in the baby picture, but his markings on his back look almost identical to Cassie's.  Seamus is 10 months.  He had 3 sisters and I think 6 brothers.  Could they be related?