Author Topic: the kitties I caught  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
the kitties I caught
« on: November 22, 2006, 12:59:13 am »
We have an unending supply of feral cats in my neighborhood! We started feeding some a few months ago and now they all show up on our porch. A mother cat even dropped off some sick kittens for me on my birthday. ::) So I took in those little babies and I have been nursing them back to health. 'Til now they looked too gross to take pictures of but they are finally looking cute. Their eyes were gooey messes before but they are getting so much better.
After taking cute pictures I can't help it, I must share. ;) Here are my little feral babies. Carrot and Jinx. ;D I love them! But I am trying my best to find them new homes because I have a feeling there will be a lot more kittens where these came from. I have counted at least 10 different cats who feed on our porch... and most are females. I am working on a plan to trap them and have them spayed.

KITTIES!!!!!  :D :D :D

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: the kitties I caught
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 01:02:09 am »
Jinx is adorable!!!  I love her!!! 

(Carrot is cute too!  LOL!)
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 01:13:00 am »
How sweet they are! I love my kitties, and if I had a bigger house I would get another becuase compared to dogs, they're soooooo easy to care for (especially when they have other kitties living with them). Your pics make me want a new kitten anyway.  :D  This site is dangerous, I tell ya!  :P
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 02:36:25 am »
A friend of mine actually did exactly what you are considering.  She placed food outside for the cats and though it took a while she managed catch many of them.  All femals too which was really good.  Good luck to you and the kittens are adorable.  I'm sure you wont have too much trouble finding good homes for them.  And what you are doing for them totally rocks.   ;D
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 03:48:12 am »
I want a kitty!!!!!!!!

Kirsti

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 04:47:00 am »
OOh!! What adorible kitties!!!

~K

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 04:52:09 am »
Aww they are so adorable! ;D

Good luck finding homes and trapping/spaying!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 04:52:27 am »
Aww they are super cute. We would have another cat but Joe won't allow it  :) She only allows other dogs. Go figure huh?  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 10:29:31 am »
Very Very Lucky Kitties
Thank you for all your efforts tot help them

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 09:58:27 pm »
These little ones are getting cuter by the day. I guess they are about 6 weeks now, they are acting hilarious and running around and jumping and attacking each other, and all that fun kitten stuff!! :D I think I found a home for the little tortoiseshell. I've got my fingers crossed!!! They need to go soon, 'cause I am getting attached!!! ;)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 11:44:34 pm »
They are so cute!!!  I have one cat and he definately is the step child around here - This house is totally about the dogs and the kids.  And usually the dogs always come first.  ;D

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 12:43:31 am »
They sure are cute!  How do you guys trap feral cats humanely?  Then what?  Can they spay them that wild?  We have a female cat who keeps having kittens in our barn.  Katie killed a bunch of them but there are still at least 4 left (I think there have been a few litters).  We feed them but I have never been able to get very close. 
Daphne

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 12:03:20 am »
COOL!!!!!!! Thanks Holly!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Anakalia

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 10:23:47 pm »
OMG, I can't resist kitties they are just too cute!!  I think it's wonderful you're trying to help by trapping/spaying these cats.  We have an area in our town that has feral cats everywhere and it's so sad to see. 

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 06:25:29 am »
Here in Ohio you can catch them and take them to a hospital and they fix them for a very low cost. I think it is a eonderful idea. there are to many pets without homes. Good luck.
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom