Author Topic: just a rant  (Read 3707 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
just a rant
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:48:09 pm »
ok, so my day has been crazy.  hubby won the scratch off lottery for $102!   last night, diesel ate the $100 bill...  after he stole it off the 5'tall entertainment center.  it's beyond recovery.  then, we took out a loan a WHILE back, which i just found out the bank sent to collections when, REGARDLESS of the fact that there is and has always been more than 3X the amount we owed in the account.  we now have $59 in collections!  mind you, this was supposed to be paid off MONTHS ago, also mind you, the money in the account is in the triple #s and they could have just taken it at any time, but SOMEBODY "forgot" to do that, as we requested months ago.  yeah, "happy holidays from your bank" my a**.  to top it off, my uncle from germany is coming in next week.  he specifically got his flight into ATL so he could come see our house, for the first time in 4 years.  mom decides she's going to stay the night before and leave straight from ATL airport to bring my uncle to MS.  no stop at my house, regardless of the fact he did this strictly for that purpose!  when they come back, my mom is starting a big deal b/c i only have 1 extra room (mind you it's not extra, it's my youngest son's bedroom) and she doesn't want to share it with my uncle... or sleep on the couch... instead she wants me to clear out the finished 2 car garage so she can sleep in it, it has a BUNCH of boxes from our move still in it.  it doesn't have heat, i told her that, but she just can't listen.  why does she have to be so complicated??  oh, did i mention my son painted his room brown (with poop) this morning, or that last night at 1am i had to wake both kids up to bring hubby gas because he "didn't feel like stopping for gas?"  <sigh>
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Beaux

• Ankle Biter
  • Beauxcephus J Dawg
    • View Profile
Re: just a rant
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:53:08 pm »
Sounds like it is seriously happy hour margerita time!  ;D The year is almost over so I say since last year sucked for so many of us, next year HAS to be better. I can't believe your dog ate a $100 bill! Yesterday my dog decided he should open my Fed Ex package for me that I received. Too bad it was my replacement cell phone and I needed the box in good shape to send the old one back in. Think Cingular will believe "my dog ate the packaging so I can't send the old phone back!" ? I feel your pain. Hope everything gets better.
Take care
Kimberly & Beaux

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:54:54 pm »
Wow.  sounds like you've had your hands full recently.  I hate banks.  They are in the business to make money and it isn't for you!  Jerks!

Do you have any part of the $100 bill left?  You can take it to the bank and they should exchange it for another.  I managed to only get about 1/4 of a $20 bill out of the ATM because the machine was jammed and I couldn't get the bill out.  I took it into my credit union, not the one where the ATM was, and they gave me a new $20.  It you have some left, it might be worth a call to the bank.

Hope things perk up for you. 
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:56:21 pm »
the only pieces we have look like confetti and are slightly digested, i don't think they'd even touch it.   :-\
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 11:58:07 pm »
Oh my... you really are having quite the day... and it isn't even noon yet!

First... I couldn't help but chuckle w/empathy at the 100.00 snack Diesel ate last night... oh how we have all been there.... my question is... why cant our pups eat the ONE dollar bill?!  :)

Second... perhaps YOU and the kids can get your Uncle and deliver him to MS... AFTER he spends some time at your house.

Third... you can give your mom a list of nearby hotels  ;)

Fourth... I won't even address the gas situation.... lol

Hang in there girl!  Let me know when you need some relief... I am just a short distance away!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:59:43 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 12:05:59 am »
Darn dog, Darn kid(hope they are young) and Darn hubby >:( Not sure why mothers have to be soo much trouble somethimes I think it's their job  :-\ Sending you a hug, keep a smile on your face ~ Kim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 12:06:59 am »
Sounds like perfect revenge to me..."Here is my $100.00 dog ate, post digested, and slimey for replacement Mr Banker that likes to default paid loans..."
Stella

if the bank wasn't almost 400 miles away i WOULD do that!  EllieAndBlu, my uncle hates kids, which is why he just wants to stay one night.  i'm not sure we could handle each other for the 4 hour drive to ms ha ha, i'd kill him.  i gave my mom a list of hotels, she's so dramatic sometimes!  diesel did give me a sugar though, not necessarily worth $100, but it was my first sugar from him...  right after i scared him and he almost bit me ha ha.  very much considering going to a park this weekend, will have to see what hubby's schedule is, and also we're going to TRY to paint some in the house.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 12:55:59 am »
So, let me get this straight...you keep money IN the bank?  Well, now that makes sense...GENIUS!!  That pesky paycheck would go automatically to the bank, and I would always think about what a hassle it was that I had to always go get it all out so I could spend it.  So, what does this "bank" do with the money?  Do they spend it for you and send the purchases to your home....I am going to have to look into this concept..inter esting.

If my dog ate $100, I would strap on a miner's helmet (with the light of course) and go on an excavation of his exit cave. 

You need an eggnog! ;)
I am kind of a big deal!

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 01:00:51 am »
Oh wow, and I thought I was having a crappy day!  Sounds like you need to add $100 bills to Diesel's "favorite treats" list in his BPO pawprint! Hopefully tomorrow is a much better day for you!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 01:03:21 am »
unfortunately, we use TWO banks, both of which are in different states, one in MS and one in NC all the while we live in GA.  nice, huh?  all thanks to the army, making it mandatory for direct deposit, and us TRYING to keep the bank at least in the same state as us.  i also found out today that banks are starting a new "check" on your banking history (they do it using your SSN#, and it checks all banks registered with this system), and because we have !!$59!! in "collections," from a loan, no banks will let us start an account, REGARDLESS of the fact that i have the $100 one wants to have to start the account, and also more $$ in our other 2 bank accounts!  so now, i have to either pay more $$ to get money western unioned to me, because the paper that we signed up for a debit card got LOST, or drive 300-400 miles either north east or south west to get money out of an account.  i'm starting to wish they WOULD spend my money, deliver my groceries and pay my bills automatically, put gas in my car, but they'd probably even mess up the gas part!  oh, we have the confettied $100 bill, it's just beyond recognition...
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Kirsti

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 01:03:41 am »
Oh my what a crazy day! I cannot belive Diesel ate 100 $$! I'm so sorry! I'm sure that money could have gone to other things then a sank for Diesel.  Hope life slows down a bit for you so you can enjoy the Holidays

~K

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 02:02:36 am »
If you can salvage any of the 100.00 bill, salvage the numbers- as long as you have the numbers, they will replace the bill. That really bites on the bank issue. Maybe you can talk to some one at one of the banks in person and explain the situation- Hopefully everything will start to get better soon.

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 02:20:23 am »
Those days just keep going on and on and on don't they.  Sorry for all your troubles, but know that there are those of us who suffer right with you.  Two weeks ago Cosmo swiped a $1500 check off the counter and ate it all, but a small portion.  It was from the insurance company that has been overcharging us on our escrow for heaven knows how long.  Still haven't gotten the new check and yet oddly I have spent most of it.  Hmmmmmm.  I don't even remember the rest of the day, but do recall wanting to bang my head on the wall over and over again!!
I would take any amount of the $100 in to a bank with a picture of Diesel and sweetly ask for another.
Best of luck!
Krista
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 03:13:36 am »
when it rains it DEFINITELY pours, i just called the bank that put $59 in collections, to get the $$ sent to my other bank, so i can call the collection company and pay THEM, to find they had taken ALL the money out my bank PLUS $49 MORE .  (which made it a grand total of OVER 4X the $59!).  does anybody else have an idiotic bank?!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)