Author Topic: homeopathic treatment for staph??  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
homeopathic treatment for staph??
« on: November 19, 2006, 07:15:22 pm »
Okay.  i have come to my wits end here.  i'm practically at the end of the prednizone treatment that the vet prescribed for fumble's staph.  it kinda worked, but he still has a little patch in his groin.  although, i hate the prednizone and don't want to put him through it again!  i really mean it! i feel so awful for fumble, cause i know he just can't handle it.  and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for homoepathic treatment?  something that i can do to help him but not make him so crazy!  I'm open to anything here! i've been using this salve and that seems to help right now... but i'm just thinking long term here too.  he takes wheat germ and vitamin e in the morning...
i just honestly don't like prednizone.. any drug that can control not only him, as well as any humans, both with the urination, eating, and attitude (aggression in both humans and dogs) frightens and intimidates me!  Help :(
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: homeopathic treatment for staph??
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 09:43:35 pm »
I have absolutely NO idea...but please give Fumble extra love and kisses and drools from Calif!!  What a predictament!  I hate prednisone, too.  There just has to be another answer!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:15:13 am »
maybe tea tree oil???

The antiseptic properties of tea tree oil make it a wonderful support to the body as it battles a countless array of topical maladies, such as: • fungal infections • insect bites and stings • acne • infection of lacerations • bruises • warts • burns • eczema • heat rashes • canker sores • yeast infections • staph infection • periodontal disease.

http://www.greatestherbsonearth.com/nsp/tea_tree_oil.htm
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:19:51 am »
another article i STRONGLY recommend, says honey helps disrupt the process of staph infection from start to finish.  apparently it disrupts the biofilm and makes staph more vulnerable to treatment.  the first comment is about a guy battling a bad staph, which is why i posted this link.

http://tahilla.typepad.com/mrsawatch/2004/10/sgm_news_media__2.html

"Doctor after doctor just kept saying they didn't know what was wrong and prescribed antibiotic after antibiotic; I was on one for 30 days! By march I had lost 90# and had two abscesess that grew so large both eyes were swollen shut. Still no cultures, or bloodwork. Finally I began to listen to my body and I realized the antibiotics were going to kill me long before this mystery disease. I started researching "home remedies" to help clear my skin. By this time it looked like I had a terrible case of chicken pox and had scratched every pox until it was infected. I kept coming across honey and honey/oatmeal packs. I tried it and it was amazing. It didn't take weeks but days to start clearing my skin....head to toe. I am so lucky that the scaring is only discoloration and will fade over time. I was diagnosed on May 28 with MRSA and I truly believe that the natural home remedies I was using i.e. honey, lots of garlic, Vit. C, E and sulphur have done more for my recovery than any of the antibiotics."

sorry for the length!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 01:26:40 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 05:43:38 am »
thanks soo much!  i'll definately research the honey bit.. we tried the tea tree oil but i think it burned too much cause everytime he saw the bottle, he did a mini freak out! weird dog!  he takes vitamin C and wheat germ with vitamin E... maybe i just need to research new and better vitamins that have benefited??? hmm??? i just hate the prednizone!  i wouldn't even take it myself, so why would i let the thing i love most take iT!  just doesn't make any sense to me! poor baby beAR! hopefully i can figure something out!!!! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 05:54:32 am »
i hope so much you find an alternative!  when we have a problem with dogs we can't solve, i usually look up what they do for people, just because sometimes they do things differently, and they end up working better.  i sure hope he gets better soon!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 07:58:02 am »
I have NO idea if this would work, but the holistic store where I buy Cowboy and Chester's food swear by colostrom.  Logic would say that it wouldn't work for adult dogs, but they say that it works miracles in building immunity.  Maybe someone else knows more about it??!!!

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 09:23:09 pm »
I VERY HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT!
www.nzymes.com
this is a product wich will help anyone dealing with skin issues etc... joint.
you can discuss this problem he is having with the dane lady, she will walk you thru the process.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505