Author Topic: Chester's first time!  (Read 4016 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Chester's first time!
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:28:58 am »
Cowboy and I were scheduled to work in the mental ward of one of the hospitals in which we volunteer.  The staff gets so excited when we drive up that usually someone comes right out to meet us.  Chester always goes for the ride but never in the hospital because he hasn't taken his TDI test yet.  The staff was so excited to see the puppy that the begged to take Chester in as well as Cowboy and Chester was AWESOME!!!  He marched through the halls, tail gently wagging and was so sweet and calm with everyone that he met.  He was loved and hugged by SOOO many people.  I was so proud of him!!!  He wasn't at all the wild child that he can be.  YEA!  Maybe he is ready to take the test after all!!!

YIPPPPEEEE!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Chester's first time!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 03:33:11 am »
WOW!!!!  :D Way to go Chester-bo-bester! That is sooooo cool. I bet you were the proudest fur-mama ever.  ;D  I would be! So, when's he gonna take his test????
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 03:36:12 am »
WOW!!!!  :D Way to go Chester-bo-bester! That is sooooo cool. I bet you were the proudest fur-mama ever.  ;D  I would be! So, when's he gonna take his test????

The Newf Club usually has a TDI/CGC test in the spring.  I think this is the year we'll go for it!  I honestly thought that he was just too uncontrolled.. ..but he proved me wrong!!!

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 03:41:13 am »
Aw, chester wants to be just like his big brother! That is too cute! WAY TO GO CHESTER! WAY TO GO MARI! WAY TO GO COWBOY!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:42:54 am »
That is one of the most amazing things about dogs. Chester must have had some idea that this was the WRONG place for his "other" behavior.  Maybe Cowboy whispered it to him? :D My dog when I was a kid had a bad habit of jumping- on EVERYONE except my Grandparents. With them, she sat down in front of their legs very calm.  I think she was genuinely concerned about knocking them over. Dogs are so good about giving you surprises! And for you, this was a really, really, nice one!
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 03:45:03 am »
Yaaaayyyyy Chester - I am so proud of you big guy!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 06:43:01 am »
Good boy Chester :)
RIP former BPO

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 07:48:34 am »
Oh Chester, I am so proud of you!  Jackie is, too, and says "Welcome to the wonderful world of therapy visits". 

Nice job!  It sounds like he's ready...But now, you'll be bathing TWO newfs on visit day.   :o   ;)

Julie

:P :P   I know!!!  Cowboy is easy, but bathing a moving target like Chester is a WHOLE other problem!!! :P :P

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 07:49:32 pm »
Awww Chester - good looking, smart and sensitive what a guy.  You help give doggies a good name!!  Great job

Of course, you too Cowboy!!!

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 10:04:14 pm »
YAY Chester!!!  I think some dogs have that sense to just "know" when to behave, which means they are PERFECT for therapy work!  Koby is a nutball normally, bouncing off walls (or running into them) doing zoomies BUT as soon as we step foot in the nursing homes he's a perfect angel.  Does everything we ask of him and he just "knows" whats expected of him.  I think he loves therapy work so much, because he feels like he's got a job to do, and whenever we give him a job he's happy and content, plus he gets treats afterwards. lol I think Chester will pass that test with flying colors, you've got two very special boys there Mari!  :)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 07:56:18 am »
That is so sweet!  I bet Cowboy has been telling him all about the visits and he knew he had to behave in order to get in on all the loving.  Hope the test goes well and just hope that Chester doesn't realize it isn't the real thing!  LOL!
Daphne

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 08:13:33 am »
Way to go Chester!  He had a good teacher in Cowboy too!  That is great that both of your puppers are going to do wonderful work for so many people in need.  Great job all of you!

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 09:31:12 pm »
Mari that is great, you are doing a great job with both of your boys.  Keep us posted on his testing.