Author Topic: My New Topic: What do we drive  (Read 13420 times)

Offline Abel

• Gnawer
  • Double Trouble ...
    • View Profile
    • Outeniqua Boerboels
Re: My New Topic: What do we drive
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 05:49:27 am »
Many of you have or had a Ford ... - that's also what we use to transport 'Double Trouble' ... - a '97 Ford Transit.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 06:10:15 am »
Ford Ranger extended cab.  Rocco seatbelted up front and Maia free in the extended cab.  Rarely do other people ride with us so Rocco is very used to sitting up front.  In the fall, I am getting a GMC Envoy or the new Ford Explorer.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Icerotti

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 06:27:43 am »
We have a Ford Expedition eddie bauer. I love the extra room. I just got it in March- had a ford explorer eddie bauer before that. People say why do you need that BIG truck you only have one child! They forget about the fur babies :o

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 06:52:09 am »
Suburban, it fits 3 big dogs quite comfortably.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 07:14:21 am »
This is my baby, a 98 Mercury Mountaineer.

Before that I had a 91 Exploder.  I loved that car to death but it was falling apart around me.  I can fit 1 Ginormous Dane, 1 average sized Dane and one fat Hobo in the back with room to spare.

But sometimes they want to sit in the front.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 07:39:25 am »
I have a 2005 Toyota Matrix that has a sticker that says "Bark" on the back.  I love it and Sophie fits perfect in the backseat.  The only problem is her nose prints on every window...  I drove a coworker to lunch one day and in the front seat I had a dog toy and in the back was her towel and nose prints all over both back windows... He laughed and said I don't mind everyone that has a big dog has a car that looks like this...
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 10:06:48 am »
I've come to terms with the fossil fuels hype.  I know it is bad for the environment to drive at all, but most people have to.  This is either because of the lack of commuter options in the U.S., such as friendly bus service, rail service, etc.  Our society encourages single commuters.  In addition, I could have two Hondas, but then I would have to transport my family, dogs and camping gear in two, perhaps three, vehicles every time we go to the park, etc.  So, until there is a viable option offered by Capitalism/government/lack of further resources, I am somehwhat appeased.  The only other alternative is to get rid of the dogs, cut a couple of hours out of my day, such as not attending school, because I will get home too late on the bus, not visiting anywhere outside of town, unless I ride a bus, fly or rent a car. I would have to stop going camping, etc. 

I think the government needs to take responsibility for this and brainstorm with auto manufacturers to come up with something better for us.  We can't fit all of us in a Hybrid.  But, I read recently that the Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape has the first hybrid SUV.  Maybe things will change soon, then we won't have to feel guilty for living our lives.  :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 06:54:09 pm »
We use a real old suburban.  Time for a new rig, but until then we're happy.
It's 4wheel drive.  Not that it matters, we just bought it for its room!!

I'm into natural, herbs and such, but ya know, I don't feel guilty for having a suburban that sucks gas. It can't be helped.  We keep our driving limited.
So far a viable option for what we need that does not suck gas has not been introduced.

And for 4wheel drive?  ROTFL!!  I can always say, "We live in Alaska" and everyone immediately says..."Ooooo."
But  :D :D we rarely get much snow in our part of alaska!!  SO, that is NOT a good excuse for us!!

Luvmenewfs

Offline pastrygirl23

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 09:57:08 pm »
I drive an old beat up car! LOL it is a 91 buick skylark. When you see me comming down the road, I have a car full of dog! With my two Siberians in the back, there is plenty of fur flying! My soon to be hubby drives a 98 Ford Ranger Ex Cab. Both of these guys fit back there pretty easy.
~Amanda, Alaska & Aspen~

Offline bigdogmom

• Gnawer
  • Beau
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2005, 01:17:02 pm »
When we take the crew out and about we take our f350 crew cab.. however, I drive a nissan 350z and the last time my bloodhound (Ellie Mae) went on a walk w/o her humans, I zipped in front of her in my z and opened a door .. that was a funny sight, all 120lbs of her filling up that passenger seat. Boy does that girl love a ride, window down. the wind thru her long flowing ears.. what a site

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2005, 01:48:06 pm »
Well, I'm of the large van persuasion, have been for years. This is the latest Rottmobile.

:D

My dogs ALWAYS ride crated for their safely, same as you wear seat belts.

;D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2005, 01:52:18 pm »
Rottmobile!  hehe.
I have a Jeep Cherokee Sport. 
Funny story.
Sunday we took the girls to my mother-in-law's house for my sisters-in-law birthdays.  While I was in the store getting cards, my husband held down the fort in the Jeep.
Lady saw me coming out of the store and jumpped out the window and came to see me.  I was only next to the car so no one else was there to get in the way...but it was cute.  My husband said he'd roll the window up so she couldn't do that again. 

Offline MaroonKellBells

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2005, 02:30:06 pm »
I drive a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2...it was a great car for Colorado, but now I'm looking to downsize since I live in Michgan and don't have to drive up the side of mountains.  Although Lennon does like all the room in the Rover :)  My next car will probably by a new Audi A4 Cabriolet, which will also give Len some room to stretch out!

Offline digandbark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Digby & Barkley - a unique collections of shirt designs for people who love their dogs.
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2005, 05:29:02 pm »
We have a 2000 Suburban which is the Berner Bus. It has so much room for everybody and yeah the gas mileage isn't the best but I work from home and don't put alot of miles on the truck anyhow. I gotta say that it's so nice to be on this list. I haven't seen any negetive posts from anyone bashing what other people drive. Another list that I read ( Bernese related ) recently had a similar topic posted and right away someone was attacked for driving such a gas guzzler and supporting terrorism.
Thanks everyone for making this a fun place to be a part of.

Barry, Mckinley and Ted
Barry
McKinley & Ted

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2005, 05:37:48 pm »
I say that comman sense states that when you have big dogs you need a big vehicle...Big vehicles tend to use alot of gas...People can really be idiots!...You do what you need to to keep your dog happy & comfy I always say! ;D  This is an awesome group! :)