Author Topic: Free To Good Home  (Read 3688 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Free To Good Home
« on: November 11, 2005, 07:34:11 pm »
Free To Good Home
Great Pyrenees, 3 years old,
male, neutered, needs fenced
yard. Good with children and
other animals.

also
Free To Good Home
Boxer, Great Dane mix,
male, neutered, 10 month old.
good Temperament.

Free To Good Home
Boxer mix, female, deaf,
spayed, good temperament.
Needs Fenced yard. To
approved home only.

Free To Good Home
Labrador mix, female, 1 year
old. Good with children.
Needs room to run.

Free To Good Home
Belgian, brindle color, 1 year
old, needs lots of room to
run, excellent with kids.

*sigh* this was in my newspaper today, there were a lot more but they were for sale...
Gee does anyone see the pattern in this? ::)
So, anyone want one?
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Free To Good Home
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:51:43 pm »
megan,
Please PM me  the deaf boxer girl's information.  I'll cross post it to my deaf dogs list.  Its a chance...
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:56:45 pm »
I would like to get another pyr. My hubby said no to getting another dog, but maybe since it's free. Kiah would love a playmate. I'll try to see what I can do.

Offline starlit_10577

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 11:36:32 pm »
If they need help I a few spots open for a rescue. There is always room for one more

Reese 1y pitbull
Baby 1 year pitbull
Angel 1 year pitbull

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 12:12:55 am »
This is exactly why I try not to look at ads!  Makes me so mad.  We have a free swap sheet in our town and people are always giving away animals.....I read an ad the other day :Free to good home brown dog don't want it anymore!  That totally ticked me off.  Poor doggies....I see free kitties all the time too. :'(

Andi

Offline starlit_10577

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 05:33:00 am »
Ya I agree. I hate more the people who put a dog down because they don't want it. That is why I don't own more than one. I love dogs to much but I would rather be a stopping point for all dog that really need a home. I can find them a better place that fits them. It saves them from the pound or being put to sleep
Reese 1y pitbull
Baby 1 year pitbull
Angel 1 year pitbull

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 11:28:02 pm »
So sad.  And yes, I do see a pattern.  They are all very young dogs. Obviously had owners that can't handle a growing puppy.   >:(

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 03:05:20 am »
A friend of mine is looking for a dane or dane mix, but thats quite the distance.  Wish you were closer because that would be a for sure home :(

From where to where?  Maybe we can arrange a transport? I know quite a few boards where people will volunteer to drive part of the way, enough of those and a dog gets a nice road trip and a forever home.
We could probably do the same, it's worth a try, anyway.

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 09:44:04 am »
I don't know exactly where the Niagra Region is, but Ontario is 8 hours from where Megan and I live. I'm going up to Lansing, MI for Thanksgiving, which is a good part of the way. I could transport a dog that far or maybe even a little farther...to Detroit maybe? Just thought I'd throw that out. PM me if there is something I could do.  I'd love to see a dog get a good home! Especially one that was in our local paper. People around here just really freak me out about dogs. Do you know what I mean, Megan? It seems like if there is a dog "free to good home" in paper, you can't trust that the people giving it away will make sure that the home is indeed, good. People are just so stupid around here about dogs.

I'm kinda jaded, sorry. Its just that the dog community here is small, and the prevailing mentality is that dogs should be chained outside to a doghouse (if they're lucky enough to have one) and that they are NOT family members...Its just so frustrating.

cricket36580

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 12:03:18 pm »
If there was a way to get the Pyr to GA, it would have a home too.  Any ideas?