Author Topic: Bull Mastiff Mix in Ontario in desperate need  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Black Newfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Bull Mastiff Mix in Ontario in desperate need
« on: December 04, 2006, 07:07:30 am »
I'm looking for some help finding either a foster home or forever home for a young, male bull mastiff (?) cross.  He is 1 1/2 years old, UTD on shots, neutered, crate trained.  This is a VERY high energy boy who has had little training and is need of a home with an experienced dog owner.

He is fine with other dogs, although very boisterous so needs to be with well socialized dogs. 

He knows very basic commands, but is so enthusiastic and playful that he will require considerable work in this area.

He has been in foster care with a rescue group for several months, but the physical limitations of his foster mom are necessitating that he find a new foster or forever home.

Can anyone help this sweet boy? 

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Bull Mastiff Mix in Ontario in desperate need
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:32:11 am »
if you have a picture or atleast a size and weight it'd sure help finding someone who might be willing to help!  i know we have a few people from canada, although i'm not sure of the areas.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Black Newfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:40:50 am »
Here's a shot of him - it's not a great picture of him.  he does actually look more like a bull mastiff than this.  I'm going to try to hook up with his foster mom tomorrow to get better pictures. 

He is about 70 lbs. 

Edited to add:  he is with a fairly new rescue group and they are just working on getting onto petfinder.  Hopefully he will be up there within a day or two.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 07:42:26 am by Black Newfs »

Offline Black Newfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 08:04:41 am »
Bancroft, an hour north of Belleville/Peterborough.  Transport can be arranged.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:40:28 pm »
He looks kinda Rhodesian...I'm definately not an experienced dog owner or I would love to help. He's very cute and I'll be sure to tell my more experienced friends about him.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 10:19:02 pm »
he does look kinda rhodesian, but look at those TOES!  look like some really long ones, kinda danish.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Black Newfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 06:15:29 am »
Not sure what he is......other than really cute and in need of a good home/foster situation.  There are not a lot of ridgebacks or danes in this community, so chances are he is a lab/mastiff cross or something like that.  This boy needs some serious training - he is strong and exuberant, but playful and doesn't seem to have a mean bone in his body.  He just needs to get to somewhere where he can get help, and fast.  Time is up at his current foster home.

If a foster home becomes available all of his food/vet expenses/training classes will be covered by his rescue group.

Here's a few more pictures...my apologies for the "flash eye".

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 06:20:06 pm »
He is beautiful!  He looks a lot like my old guy Rufus did - and Rufus was a lab/mastiff mix.  They have the beauty of the mastiff and the personality of the lab.  I hope and pray his forever home is close on hand....wish I could help. :(
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.