Author Topic: Question for two dog owners w/a male and female  (Read 1145 times)

Offline maggieb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Question for two dog owners w/a male and female
« on: December 05, 2006, 01:03:10 am »
We are about to add another pup to our home.  We have a two year old nuetered male.  We did have two males and they got along without any problems.  We are thinking of adding a female this time.  My only concern is that Cooper tries to hump certain female dogs at the dog park.  I don't want to bring in a female if it will be a hump-fest all the time.  Of course we would have her fixed as well..

So what I'm wondering is if that behavior will disappear after the novelty has worn off or he has demonstrated his dominance or whatever it's about.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks.
Maggie

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Question for two dog owners w/a male and female
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 02:35:03 am »
i agree!  we have 3 males, and one female, two of our males are "whole" and one isn't.  our female is second in command and smallest, and she just won't LET them hump her.  diesel will try and she'll wriggle and get away and just lay down on the couch where she knows he won't bother her.  she does on occasion hump axle though, even though he's "top dog."  it doesn't happen all the time, rarely actually, but it's pretty funny because of the rareness.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]