Author Topic: New house - daughter's room is Teddy's new toilet!  (Read 3009 times)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
New house - daughter's room is Teddy's new toilet!
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:39:27 pm »
I'm so ticked right now!  I know that moving is stressful and he's got to get used to things.  Maybe he still hasn't figured out where to ask to go out in the new house?  Maybe he's marking his territory? (there were 2 little paws before)

Yesterday morning he pooped right in front of her door (OK, that was probably my fault as I was getting ready for work and wasn't paying too much attention to him).  Then, last night, he peed there too, no whineing, no warning.  This morning he went right into her room and peed right beside her bed, again with no warning!(not exactly good for the hardwood floor or the new rug I bought!)

I'm just feeling a bit frustreated right now.  I guess I will have to pay some special attention to him - take him outside more often.

Just needed to vent a bit.  Thanks!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: New house - daughter's room is Teddy's new toilet!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 10:45:07 pm »
i'm so sorry!  axle did this for the first two weeks when we moved in our house this summer!  i hated it!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:07:47 am »
Its a puddle, and a BIG one!  I don't think its marking (he's 11 months now and he was neutered a month ago).

Teddy has lost his upstairs privleges! (there are only the kids bedrooms and the bathroom on that level anyway)

I'll look for some of the NM products.  Thanks!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 01:10:17 am »
Hmmm my dachshund took to pooping in my little sister's closet so he also lost his upstairs privledges since that's his only reason to go up there.. >:(

Good luck in stopping him!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 01:13:33 am »
Oh man! I'm so sorry; you must be soooooo frustrated. I would think that part of it is stress from moving, but since he seems to be focused on your daughters room, there must be a smell up there that he thinks must be "removed".  NM will work good, but maybe (and this is just a thought) going back through your potty breaking procedures with him again will help. Like praise and a special treat when he goes outside to potty. Maybe he just needs a little refresher since this is a new place. Maybe he is trying to decide if the old rules apply to the new house?  Good luck, and hand in there.  :-\
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 01:39:05 am »
I agree that one of the odor neutralizing products is a good idea.  Stress of moving may play in here too for sure.  Additionally, he's fairly young and in a new environment.  Treat him as you would a puppy to learn that outdoors is the place to go.  Every time he wakes up and after he eats it is time to go outside and do his business.  It is not abnormal for a dog in a new house to need a refresher course in what is acceptable behavior.  If another dog has peed in the house before, he may think that it is ok for him too.
Daphne

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 04:14:32 am »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Wow i thought Bryce and milo were the only ones doing this i too just moved and both my boys are peeing mostly on the painters stuff but also on stuff that is still in boxes there were no animals living in this house but there are dogs on both sides of me ? I don't get it ? Bad pups Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats