Author Topic: doggy dreams?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
doggy dreams?
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:05:52 am »
does anyone elses dogs bark, growl, bear teeth, AND RUN in their sleep?  2 of our dogs do and 2 don't, just curious if anyone else's dogs do endurance races complete with emotion every night!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
Re: doggy dreams?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:42:43 am »
Oh yeah.  My doberman Roxie has some wild ones at least once a night; whereas the other 2 dogs hardly ever do.  All the things you mentioned, plus her eyes are usually halfway open during the process, so it can be kinda freaky looking at times. :o

Roxie constantly makes 'sucking' sounds during her dreams.  Not sure if that's hearkening back to her days on the nipple - or if she's just really thirsty in her dreams, but I always find it interesting to watch her while she sleeps. :)

What scares me, though, is that she 'jerks' REALLY hard a lot of times during her dreams, and I'm afraid she's gonna hurt herself without realizing it.  I'm constantly tempted to wake her up, but rarely do.

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:42:22 am »
It happens all the time to Lucah.  He just kicks and yelps.  One time he was barking, but he wasn't moving his mouth. It looked really cool, but I wondered what he was thinking about.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 11:55:50 pm »
Willow is constantly running  - It gets to be a little much when she is sleeping on the bed.  Irie just snores - loudly

Offline ReneeB

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kryssie is here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:58:38 am »
Bray sleeps quietly, Max on the otherhand is the noisiest sleeper I have ever known.  It seems he is always running and barking.  Maybe he is fending off evil and protecting us all. 
This is just a small problem for me because he litterally sleeps on a pillow just above my head between me and the headboard.  I keep my window open a bit at night so I am sure he is cooler there.  When he isn't batteling at night he snores and snorts like a pug.
Renee, (will always love and miss Brayden)

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 04:28:54 am »
Arkyd likes to howl like a wolf at 3 am  he also growls alot

he also kicks his legs out