Author Topic: 10 days and counting for Lady.  (Read 5405 times)

lins_saving_grace

10 days and counting for Lady.
« on: December 31, 2006, 11:10:18 am »
it is almost here.  the final day of recovery for my big Bug.  She's almost counting the day on her little paws.  so am I.  even though i'm more than happy to take care of her and walk her for potty 10 times a day or more in rain, snow, sleet and hail, I am so ready for her to be on her own.  for her sake of course. 

I put her shock collar back on this morning so she could get used to the boundaries of the yard again.  one lunge at the Sheltie, the neighbors across the road new uncontrollable yappy poop in other people's yard dog, and she beeped.  she jumpped right back inside the fence.  then she ran around the house to try another spot on the other side of the house to see if it wouldn't beep at her.  no such luck, so she bounced on top of Grace.  :)  Grace in turn pounced her and they played like they normally did before Lady's operation.  in the air, in the dirt, and in each other's faces.  It was good to see, but i still settled them down just in case.  I'm such a worrier.
Lady is still eating in moods.  She skipped breakfast again this morning, but the vet told me yesterday when she went in for shots that i've been babying her and she'll eat normally when i stop dressing up her food to intise her to eat.  (I swear he's the dog nazi.  he wants her to loose 4-5 more pounds.  I could almost hear him say "No Soup for you" when he told me to cut back and exercise her more.  does he not know she's my baby?) or she's just not hungry and she will be once she can run outside in the yard again.  there's got to be another reason she's not eating.   I've increased her walks to about a mile, which he said he'd like me to do.  again...i worry.   we'll see.  it's rainy and muddy today so we'll do indoor things.   and tonight for dinner i'll probably dress up her food a little bit cuz loosing 5 pounds will make her look so skinny.  she looks perfect at 100.4 pounds.  no i'm not going to make her loose 5 pounds.  Grace, yes.  Lady, no. 
anyway...that's the latest update.  she's limping out of habit now, but doing very well.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: 10 days and counting for Lady.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:20:45 am »
Glad to hear Lady is getting back on her feet again (pun intended ;) )
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 11:35:09 am »
LOL!!! 
I just let her out alone.  I may have to go watch through the window....fog it up and press my little nose against the glass. 
fly little bug...

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 11:57:49 am »
Go Lady be free and have fun (but be careful!)

Isn't it funny how we worry about our babies; if Harley is lethargic I am worried it could be he just came in from playing with Rusty but he never lies down so if he does I worry.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 02:09:30 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We are happy to hear that Lady is doing so well! Happy New Year to Lin-Lady and Miss Grace. From Marina and Bryce
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 10:02:57 pm »
thanks everyone. 
We're all breathing a sigh of relief.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 06:43:02 pm »
Oh Lin, that is the best news! In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that Lady had her surgery.  Thanks to her mama's nurturing and care, Bug is going to spread her wings once again!  So proud of both of you... I know it wasn't easy!  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:44:23 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 09:01:37 am »
Excellent news, I'm so happy that Lady has done so well.