Author Topic: My Curry recipe by request  (Read 1352 times)

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
My Curry recipe by request
« on: December 11, 2006, 11:33:24 am »
By request it’s a curry recipe

Firstly you need to know that there are many different types of curry, some hot, some medium and some mild. I buy the curry paste from my local Glen’s and I’m not sure if they’re a country wide store, but ours is good and has a whole aisle especially for international food. If you don’t have at Glen’s or the special aisle then you can find the paste especially if you live near a city. If you live out in the boons like me I might prove harder but there are recipes on the internet.

Ingredients (serves 4)

3 chicken breast   (1” diced)
½ an onion   (1/2” diced)
1 green pepper (1” diced)
1 zucchini/courgette (cut this however you like if you don’t like em don’t use em)
A handful of spinach (e-coli free preferred)
1 can of petite diced tomatoes
4 tablespoons of curry paste
2 cups of water
A little bit of milk
2 medium sized Jalapeños(sliced in to hoops keeping the seed is your choice I always do)
Oil
1 clove of garlic (peeled and pierced with a knife tip)
Rice

Spices

Curry powder           Ground cumin                   Ground black pepper
Salt                    sugar             

Method

Start by heating up some oil in a frying pan then throwing your onions and pepper and fry until onion become see through. Now throw in your chicken and zucchini/courgette, now you want to give the frying pan a generous sprinkle of the curry powder, the cumin and the black pepper. Also throw your garlic clove in. Remember to keep stiiring and stop cooking it as soon as all the chicken sealed.
Whilst this is cooking in a mixing jug mix the diced tomatoes, curry paste, sugar, salt and jalepenos.
The sugar sounds like a silly idea but rips all the tang out of the tomatoes.
When your chicken is done drain of as much fat as you can then in a large pot/pan add the curry paste mix and fried stuff cook for 15 mins stirring regularly on a medium heat.
Now this is started get your rice cooking.
After 15 mins throw in your handful of spinach and stir in  now give the whole think another generous sprinkling of the spices except salt and leave to cook for 5 mins
Now just serve it with rice.           fin
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:57:03 am by arkydo »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: My Curry recipe by request
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 12:43:19 pm »
OH, man....I think I have dinner figured out for this weekend! Thanks!!!  YUM!! ;D

EllieAndBlu

Re: My Curry recipe by request
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:06:15 am »
oh that sounds tasty! Yum!