Author Topic: Lola's weight chart.. and Bubba has finally put on some pudge!  (Read 6861 times)

Lyn

Lola's weight chart.. and Bubba has finally put on some pudge!
« on: December 08, 2006, 11:12:23 pm »
I've been trying to keep a monthly weight chart for Lola. I wish I had of done that with Bubba but I didn't. :(

Lola just turned 8 months old on the 6th so I had hubby weigh her lastnight so I could put it in her weight chart. I had him do it twice because I didn't think she weighted 100 pounds. LOL She looks so small to me compared to Bubba.. who by the way has put on some pudge (finally!) according to the pic I'll post in a second. YAY! I tried to get hubby to pick Bubba up and weigh him too and he told me to get lost. LOL So I have to wait until we go to the vet to get his weight unless I pester him enough that he finally does it. hehe

Here's Lola's weight chart. I started off weighing her weekly and then I started slacking.. so it's monthly now.  :D

10 weeks - 30 pounds
11.5 weeks - 34 pounds
12 weeks - 37 pounds
13 weeks - 40 pounds
14.5 weeks - 44 pounds
15 weeks - 47 pounds
19 weeks - 58 pounds
22 weeks - 66 pounds
6 months - 78 pounds
7 Months - 91 pounds
8 Months - 100 pounds

Please ignore my god awful basement carpet.. it's the 'doggy proof' room. I usually avoid taking pics in there for that reason but it was a good comparison shot of them. LOL
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:01:57 am by Lyn »

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Lola's weight chart.. and Bubba has finally put on some pudge!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 12:52:25 am »
big dogs are so cool

my kids weighing 79 at 5 months beets the he** outta a fully grown 1 ounce ankle bitter

you got some good lookin dogs tho
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:21:48 am by Jacksmom »

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:49 am »
They are both looking great  ;DBubba has really put on a few pounds. He looks much "fuller" now.  I will be sending Farley with Addicus...lol for Lyn's pudge camp ;)

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 02:45:57 am »
Pudge camp.. lol. I honestly don't know if it's anything I did.. or if he's finally starting to fill out on his own. But I'll gladly take Atticus and Farley and enroll them in pudge camp. I can't guarantee you'll get them back though. :D

I knew Bubba had put some weight on expecially since last week I didn't hear any comments us starving him when we took him into town. In fact everyone steered clear of us. ::) The way they react to him I think more people have watched Cujo than Beethoven in this town. LOL

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 03:08:31 am »
Lyn, they look great!  Bubba looks awesome and of course Lola is gorgeous. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 07:03:28 am »
Wow! She's only 8 months old and 100 already! Dolly must be a very small Saint. She hit 100 at about 13 months old and is probably about 110-115 now at 18 months. Great pics! Bubba looks great too.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 05:54:05 am »
I remember Bubba weighed 94 pounds at 10 months old. So Lola's even topping him. Although she doesn't have any of the digestive problems he does (thank god). I know 100 pounds seems like alot for her age (shocked me too, lol) but she's solid. Short but wide.. haha

Hubby thinks she's going to be a monster. Hence the nickname Lola monster. LOL

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 05:58:44 am »
Ahhh! It's a Lola monster!  :D
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 09:01:57 am »
Bubba and Lola are lookin good :)
RIP former BPO

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 08:34:17 pm »
They both look awesome Lyn!

Don't worry about Lola being too heavy - its just her bone mass and the way she is built.   (Teddy was about 121# at 8 months if I remember correctly)
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 09:17:51 pm »
True.. Lola definitely had a different build than Bubba. He's was all legs and head and looked so out of proportion for the longest time. lol Lola's all body with a small head, haha. Females look so much more feminine in that regard.

Anakalia

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 11:10:07 pm »
OMG!! Lyn they both look great!  I can't believe Lola's already 100lbs.  And Bubba is looking awesome, he's filling out nicely, great job!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 06:47:06 am »
They both look great!!!!  After all you've been through with Bubba I'm sure that is a huge relief to have some weight hanging onto him.  I LOVE how they are sleeping together like that!  It looks like they are getting along famously too which is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Daphne

Lyn

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 09:39:01 pm »
Oh ya it's a huge relief. He looks soooo much better and I don't have to listen to the comments about his weight when we take him out now. ;D

Finding a food that worked for him helped tremendously I think. He wasn't gaining any weight on Eagle Pack but with Canidae his poops are getting better and better with each bag.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 08:50:25 pm »
It's nice to have some growth chart info from someone just to see where Bella is at in comparison. At 5 months, she's about 48 pounds.  Her mama was a small Saint, but her dad is a very big boy, and of all the girls she definitely looks the most like her papa. The breeder thought she would be on the smaller side. This wouldn't bother me one bit though!!! Less food, less weight on joints, more room in the car, etc.  :D  I guess I'll just have to see what happens as she grows.  It's amazing the difference in growth rates isn't it?  How some puppies of the same breed can be 30-40 bigger at the same age.  I've done what I can to slow her growth rate down, so hopefully that has worked.

THanks for sharing lyn, and they look absolutely beautiful and wonderful and loved!!! ;D
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat