Author Topic: 1st night with Polar and Willow  (Read 4703 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
1st night with Polar and Willow
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:47:13 pm »
We got in last night about 10pm.  Polar does awesome in the car.  My daughter brought out Willow on a leash and I had Polar and went met down the street.  They were very cute - wrestling with each other.  Willow likes him except when he steals her spot on the couch.  It has been wild, crazy dane wrestling - I hope they settle in soon.  My house will not be able to take much more.  lol it is like clash of the titans - knocking furniture over etc.  I did notice some food aggression from Polar.  He doesn't do it with me - I can stick my hand in his bowl when he is eating without a problem.  But Willow got close and he started growling.  Although he looks half starved and I know the breeder had other big danes - so I am not sure how much he actually got to eat.  I will be trying the Satin Ball recipe.  The poms -  I have just kept up in my bedroom.  I will introduce them this afternoon.  So far so good.  I will try to get some pictures today.  I am glad he is here - he is a sweet baby.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 1st night with Polar and Willow
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 12:18:15 am »
so glad they're doing great!!  diesel was skin and bones when he came here, and we've found he growls and snaps when there is food around.  we've resorted to me just holding the dog food bowl and one dog eating at a time, which has helped him learn to have patience!  we just rotate ever few minutes to the next dog.  good luck with him, and give us pics!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:24:40 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 12:22:54 am »
Glad to hear Polar is fitting into his new family just fine.  Can't wait to see those pictures ;)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 12:25:42 am »
Awww glad everything is going good so far! Good luck with the weight gain and the mojo introduction!! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 12:34:03 am »
Great that they're enjoying each other!
Shasta was also skin and bones when she got here...very food aggressive w/ other dogs, even when we were preparing their food and ours on the counter top.  We let her know that it was not acceptable at the counter tops, table, etc. and watched all the dogs during feeding.  All three are fed in different areas of the kitchen and can see each other.  She's been here about 6-8 weeks now and she has gotten a lot better... knows that she will eat and not have to fight for her food.  Good luck!  They like each other, so that's an advantage!!  Congrats!!
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 01:08:59 am »
Well I have to go out and run some errands.  I am crating Polar and letting the mojos out of my room.  At least they can be in the same room together.  Hopefully that will help.  So far so good.  Now they have to settle the "King of the Couch issue."

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 02:52:43 am »
Ha ha..  Clash of the Titans.  That’s so funny.  I remember when I had my first big dog.  His name was Shaft and he was a Dane.  I remember coming home and the furniture would be completely rearranged. I would have taken it personally had I not known how much Dane’s lean and how hard the play.  I'm very excited for you and all your fur kids and I especially can’t wait to see pictures.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 03:42:10 am »
I can't wait for pictures! Again, I am so jealous that you have a new Dane!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 07:55:30 am »
Yea!  I'm so glad that you got him home and everyone is getting along.  Please post pics when you get a chance. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience