Author Topic: Moonshine  (Read 6090 times)

Offline GreytGirl

• Gnawer
  • Sleepy Boy
    • View Profile
Moonshine
« on: August 15, 2005, 07:14:09 pm »
No no, not the illegal beverage, (although he is intoxicatingly sweet!), the GREYHOUND!
He's our foster at the moment (people keep calling everyday!) but probably not for long. He's a greyt boy (yes, I had to be cheesy and do the "greyt"), light brindle, AMAZING lines (his body is so beautiful), and big goofy feet.

The best thing about him?: he's pigeon-toed!  it's adorable... and he's so clumsy. (which isn't so adorable sometimes.)

Got him... two Wednesdays ago, and he has really emerged from his little shell.  He was so frightened of everything and everyone and is now wagging his tail and nipping at your fingers to play.  He seems quite dependent on Madison, as in, doesn't want to be apart from her EVER... looks to her when they're outside to see where he can go potty and everything.  He's still a little jumpy at times, sudden loud noises and movements frighten him and he gets all sheepish (no little kids for him... not that he would be aggressive, just scared all the time.).

AND, he barked today... for the very first time (here at least)... it was adorable. I can see that Madison IS a bad influence.

(And yes, the furniture and crate rules are so hard, he wants to be on the bed so badly!)

I have a frajillion and a half pictures, but haven't sent them to my email yet. (Drawback of camera phones)... so this will have to do, the direct link to his CGA picture

And no... those feet belong to no one in my family... this is the picture they took before shipping him off to... no longer be a workin' man (if you catch my drift) and live with us!

YAY Moonshine...

can we keep him?  :'(
(I've already failed fostering 101... but my mom hasn't... if only we could get my dad to break... but Moonshine is kinda afraid of men...)

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Moonshine
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 08:49:54 am »
 ;D Moonshine is a cutie.  What can I say my two greyts are both brindle. I know what you mean about being excited about him barking. It took about 3 weeks before Jessica our one and only foster barked. Like you we failed fostering 101. We where playing with her and stopped and she wanted more. It was around 10:30 pm on a Saturday night and I must say I was surprised to hear her bark. It was very loud from such a small girl.  Oz our puppy does not know that greyhounds don't bark like other breeds. He has barked since we rescued him at 10 1/2 weeks.

Is Moonshine a kisser? My Oz loves to snuggle up and gives lots of kisses. That should melt your mom and dad's heart. He looks like a keeper to me.

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 05:49:52 am »
Moonshine is so adorable!! I know what you mean about failing at fostering, I'm so worried that I'll do that with Lite. Your are right, it is hard to keep them off the bed & furniture when you are fostering. I keep telling myself that i'd hate to let him do it, only to adopt him out to someone who would not let him on furniture. but fostering is so fun, don't ya think? ;D

Renee & Lucy & Lite

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 07:52:18 am »
He is a sweetie. I think anyone who fosters has just such a big heart. I don't know if I could do it.  I would hate the goodbyes too much and worry about if they were going to a good home. :)

Offline GreytGirl

• Gnawer
  • Sleepy Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 02:04:20 pm »
Arg, it's so hard!  :D

My mom finally caved... took her about two weeks (maybe one and a half), but she caved.  He's the greatest boy ever. (and so girly at that!)

Moonshine is NOT a kisser, but he is a MAJOR leaner, and by major, I mean you could move away quickly and he would fall over.  He is also a sniggler, especially when he just wants to lounge around outside, he'll lay on the ground and sniff around (sometimes rubbing his eyes, kicking at you or whining) until you sit down (not necessarily near him) and he'll cockroach over to you and on you.  SO silly, and he knows it too!  (Finally got him to cockroach on command yesterday, it was hilarious.)

Renee, fostering is so hard! I'll never be able to do it again because I'll have to beg my mom to keep every one.  As it is, I'm buying Moonshine (with my own money) as a Senior gift to myself... telling THAT  to my dad may be easier said than done.  I'm sure if Moonshine wasn't such a match for Madison it would have been easier to get him ready to go to his 'forever home,' but he's just perfect and Madison loves him.  (He's her "boyfriend," we'll say "Madison, where's your boyfriend?" and she'll perk up her ears and go find him.)

OH, and the whole barking thing... I know I should have got onto him when he did it the first time, but I was surprised/excited.  Now?  He whimper-barks when he wants me to come outside with him.  It's cute to see that he loves me so much, but not when he does it at 11 at night.  ;D

Went to the CGA picnic and such, we didn't win anything this year (last year we got 2nd or 3rd in the costume contest) but that's cool, Mads and Moo had a great time, they even got to run with some of Madison's friends! (separately because we were a muzzle short...)

Here are some pics of Moonshine and Madison, however they WERE taken with my camera phone, SO bare with me that they may be a little blurry/horrible!  ;)

~Kelsey, Madison, & Moonshine
(I love my M&Ms!)