Author Topic: I'm so sad....for everybody! ** UP-DATE**  (Read 16763 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
I'm so sad....for everybody! ** UP-DATE**
« on: December 12, 2006, 07:17:18 am »
I got an email last night that Grizzley/Izzy is going to have to go back to rescue.  The wonderful family that took him live/run  a fabulous (especially for a Newf!!) Christian camp and they just found out that they won't be able to have insurance if they have a dog because of the fear of a dog biting  (it wasn't directed at Izzy personally!!).  I'm just so, SO sad!  I know how much they love Izzy and how settled Izzy was getting!  I've suggested that they try getting him tested for therapy work so he'll be insured, but haven't heard anything back. 

Maybe if we all cross our fingers, something will work out, otherwise, Izzy will be back in rescue for Christmas!  :'(
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:28:12 am by newflvr »

lins_saving_grace

Re: I'm so sad....for everybody!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 07:25:09 am »
that is sad.  Insurance companies can be too picky.  i'm sure he won't stay in rescue very long.  a sweet fuzzy face like that will get him taken home soon i'm sure.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 07:29:18 am »
has the dog had any history of biting? Or is it just the insurance company being idiots as usual?

cuz that really sucks if it is just the insurance company

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:31:13 am »
a lot of insurance companies are paranoid about these things.  try finding an apartment or a rental house with rotts.  it ain't easy.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:33:44 am »
I've never had a problem with a single rott, Theres one at our local humane society that i walked today with my wife she was an angel, her old owner's landlord didnt want a rott because they're 'Dangerous' . once again some people really do suck
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:35:05 am by arkydo »

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 07:34:01 am »
rental companies, etc?  we just BOUGHT our house, have inside ONLY dogs, and our insurance company just dropped us like a hot potato, no biting history, no aggression, NOTHING!  they justified it strictly because of breeds.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 07:57:29 am »
It's just the insurance company...Izzy, from everything she said, is perfect!!

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 08:12:07 am »
OMG this is so so sad!! :'(  Hopefully they can find an insurance company that will work with them, or something happens to where they can keep adorable Izzy. Fingers, toes and paws crossed that everything works out!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 08:39:10 am »
This is so depressing.  I'm keeping everything crossed that they find an insurance provider and Izzy gets to stay in his home.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 09:22:39 am »
This is very sad news.  My thoughts are with Izzy and her for now family.  Insurance.  BLAH!!!! 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 08:57:05 pm »
Oh, I just read this post. How frustrating and unfair.  >:(  OK, so I just deleted this HUGE rant about liability and avoiding responsibility, etc.  It's just too much to get into here, and something that really gets to me (The fact that everything in life now has a waiver or requires insurance, etc).  I hope they find a way to work things out so that Izzy can stay. My thoughts are with them.   
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 09:44:11 pm »
i know USAA and state farm work with large breed / bad rep. dogs
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 10:36:07 pm »
This is so sad. He was so happy there and even if he finds a good home. What about The ones who adopted him? I feel so bad for them.

If he was a therapy dog, could he be part of the therapy too? Wonder what the insurance company would say about that. If they don't own the camp, they may have no choice. Can they have dogs at all?

This really sucks just before Christmas.

My thoughts are with them. Wish they lived on this side of the US.

Central New York

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:16 pm »
He could do therapy work (i.e., visiting hospitals, schools, assisted living facitilites, etc) and I'm sure he'd be great at it. Newfs seem to be naturals at giving love and comfort.

I haven't heard any more from her so I'm not too sure what the latest is in regards to moving him back to his foster home!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 05:24:19 am »
We had dobies for years (one of the tops on the insurance ban list) and never heard a peep out of our insurance company. We started with State Farm and now have Allstate. I think that it so sucks that an insurance company can control our lives to that extent. But look at HMOs, they control your very life.
Stella

our insurance company come out within 2 months, and dropped us less than 30 days later
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)