Author Topic: Our Newfie Girl the Lifeguard!  (Read 2149 times)

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
Our Newfie Girl the Lifeguard!
« on: July 01, 2005, 10:00:42 pm »
Hello Everyone!

Well these beautiful Newfies continue to amaze us more everyday!  We have Madison & Klondike littermates who are 2yrs old and 11 month old half brother Kelso (same Mom, different Dad).  The other day my Maddie girl had her first experience near an in the ground pool.  Well, it wasn't five minutes when one of my nephews jumped in.  She was fine just got very close to the edge.  Two seconds later, one of the younger nephews jumped in, he is 7 yrs. old and Maddie jumped in right after him!  I couldn't believe it and since my sister's pool has a liner I quickly jumped in with my clothes on to guide her to the steps to walk out!  The fact that she became on the alert and into lifeguard mode instantly was incredible.  Plus that she waited for the younger one to jump in was even more interesting to me.  The whole rest of the day she paced, watched and stayed on duty til the kids left the yard!  My poor girl didn't close her eyes until all was calm at the pool.  She has always swam in the bay down the shore and has always waded in for a swim, she has never jumped in before.  So to watch her jump right in and go under water was incredible.  It all happened so fast that of course I couldn't get any pics this time.  Our  pool is going under  construction next week and thank goodness we are going with a gunite pool.  With our 3 Newfie kids, it sures looks like at least one of them will be getting in that pool. 

These pups continue to amaze us more and more each day and truly make us proud!

Have a wonderful Fourth of July!

Anita & the goofy Newfies from NJ
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 10:02:20 pm by pitas »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Our Newfie Girl the Lifeguard!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 11:27:32 pm »
What a great story! Doesn't it make you love your Newf so much more when they do something amazing like jump in the pool to make sure that everything is ok? I love it!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Our Newfie Girl the Lifeguard!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 09:38:40 am »
Oh what a heartwarming story :) I love it.  A few months back our friend watched our Bella while we escapaded around Brazil.  Our friend, also on this sit with 2 big paws of her own, has a large pond in her yard.  She has a 2 year old little boy, and the one day they were outside walking towards the pond, and the boy was edging  a little closer to the pond's edge and Bella kept circling him to make sure he didnt fall in, and she was his lifeguard on duty that day in case he did fall in.  She amazed us too, because for a Newf, Bella doesnt love the water, at least not yet. But she'd go and save the day. That's our girl, just like your Maddie! 
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!