Author Topic: hmmm, Not sure I like this....  (Read 7654 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: hmmm, Not sure I like this....
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 01:23:10 am »
i think a lot of it is partly when their ears are cropped (about people being scared of them) because i always get "caine looks so scary" because of his ears, and he has light colored eyes...  silly people.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 01:05:15 am »
As a "pitbull"owner, I do not like that they banned ANY breed of dog! But most Petsmart employees haven't a clue to any breed of dog.

I personally would never expose my APBT to a dog park or even doggie daycare! To many chances of trouble! I know my girl will not start anything, BUT she will not back down either. Pitbulls ARE dog aggressive, that is a known fact! Yes, I am sure some have ones that display no aggression at this time but it is coming when you least expect it! My Chynna was raised with other dogs 6 females and 2 males. Mind you these dogs were not small 2 Filas, 3 Dogos, and 2 springer spaniels plus Chynna. I had not problems pack order was already established. As they got older and we lost most, miss bottom of the totem pole decided she had enough and wanted a new ranking! My oldest Fila Icca was getting older and not known at the time, had cancer growing. So, little Chynna decided to challenge her to the point they were seperated! Icca was PTS within days of this from Lymphoma.

Now, two yrs later, she does not tolerate any other dogs especially females. She is completely obedience trained on and off leash and has her CGC. But, she hates other dogs(except our old male Bo).She can go anywhere I want to take her because she respects me!!!

Why take any chances with this breed! If anything ever goes down it is always there fault, so why!!!

Just my 2 cents!!!
Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 01:58:43 am »
Excellent excellent post fila4me!!  I agree with you completely.  They will always be blamed so why chance it.

That's awesome that Chynna has her CGC.  I would like to do that with Sophie but we need to work on some things....  :-\
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 02:05:35 am »
i'm lucky, caine is submissive to the point he gets beat up when we go places.  i guess that's not too lucky for him though!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 07:34:55 am »
Excellent excellent post fila4me!!  I agree with you completely.  They will always be blamed so why chance it.

That's awesome that Chynna has her CGC.  I would like to do that with Sophie but we need to work on some things....  :-\

Thanks! This breed is my soapbox!!!Along with Filas and Dogos.

Thank goodness she got it when she was young, she is actually protective since I had the 2 legged child!!! ;D
Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP