Author Topic: Dog Killed ...Guelph, Ontario  (Read 3068 times)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Dog Killed ...Guelph, Ontario
« on: December 14, 2006, 03:46:10 pm »
This is an email I received, it's horribly sad and a little bit graphic...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:20:06 am by 2Criminals »

Icerotti

Re: Dog Killed ...Guelph, Ontario
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:05:30 pm »
That is horrible. I think this was the case I heard about on the news last night.How could someone be so inhumane to set such traps.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 08:41:58 pm »
that is disgraceful 

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:49:14 pm »
OMG!!  That's awful! 

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:50:16 pm »
i sent the company an evil email (i didnt swear or threaten dont need the fbi or something turning up)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 10:38:52 pm »
Oy!  That is a terribly tragic situation!  I used to live up near Guelph but it has been many years.  DH traps and I know this is a big issue for him.  He HATES to use killing traps even when he warns anyone who might have pets around for just this very reason.  The killing traps kill very quickly and are very hard to open up without the right tools or a LOT of muscle.  They certainly should not be used in an area where people routinely walk dogs.  That must have been horrible for the owners to have their dog die right in their arms and be unable to do anything about it.  Leg hold traps are "catch and release" though.  This didn't sound like a leg hold trap.  A leg hold trap basically does what it says - it holds the leg.  Then the trapper comes along and either releases or kills the animal.  DH routinely catches cats around here  ::) using the leg hold traps.  They are released pretty quickly with just a hiss and a spit at him for the indignity.
Daphne

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 11:00:31 pm »
that's so sad!!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 11:34:16 pm »
I can't even imagine what those two girls went through and the grief they are dealing with as a result of their experience.  What a senseless, tragic, emotionally costly and infuriating incident.  To say my thoughts are with them is an understatement .  My heart aches for them and the poor lost puppy. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 02:32:54 am »
This is horrible. I lived in Guelph for 4 years and it is indeed a busy walking area where these traps are. Hopefully there are no more accidents.