Author Topic: ok, i feel so bad, i'm an aweful neighbor  (Read 3583 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
ok, i feel so bad, i'm an aweful neighbor
« on: December 18, 2006, 04:37:56 am »
ok, so my neighbor went out of town, and her fiance stayed at her house, i guess, well he died.  in the house... and was there for a while apparently... and we had NO clue... gosh i'm an aweful neighbor, but i didn't know anything was up, no smells, etc...   :-[ :'(
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: ok, i feel so bad, i'm an aweful neighbor
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 04:52:00 am »
aw, how sad...  don't feel bad, you can't watch every person entering and leaving your neighbors house at every second of the day. 
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:01:21 am »
27ish, with a 2 y/o son, they had a rough relationship with him going all over, and they just straightened it out, and he was supposed to be moving in and they were supposed to get married.  not sure what happened yet.  keep them in your thoughts!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:47:39 am »
Aw, that is so sad. are you and your neighbours close? we'll keep the family in our thoughts. and just remember, its not your fault... you aren't a bad neighbour

Jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:51:42 am »
we just moved here recently, so we aren't that close, she worked a lot.  we're the neighbors you occasionally see, but never really see a LOT of or hear from a lot
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 05:52:29 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 06:26:54 am »
Oh wow - that is just awful news - how sad! I am sorry to hear about your neighbor's fiance. And, you are not a terrible neighbor... there was know way for y'all to know what happened.

Kirsti

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:29:14 am »
Oh that is just horrible! Your not a bad neighboor, some of my neighboors I would never know if they leave, when they leave...or anything like that... Oh he was young, that is too scary! Hope all is as good as it can be

~K

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:32:35 am »
That is horrible.  don't beat yourself up.

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 06:54:38 am »
That must have been really hard for your neighbor to come home to find, but I am with Stella.  I would not have noticed either. 

Sad that he died so young and with a young child. 
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 01:00:21 pm »
here's the exact e-mail i got from my neighbor, she's now living with her parents, and is moving out of the house and selling everything.  please keep them in your thoughts, this is her reply to when i asked her what happened:

"Well, we were on vacation up in Blue Ridge for a wek, and we had just gotten home last Tuesday. Long story short, we went out to eat and went drinking. When I woke up on Wednesday to go take care of school stuff to transfer schools, I saw that he was dead when I went to leave the note and give him a kiss."

it's so sad to me even though i only met him once.  i'm not really sure what caused his death, and i don't want to pry more than i already have. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 02:41:35 pm »
maleena (neighbor) seems to be doing better, but as expected, not good.  she's selling all her stuff, and leaving her house (she rented) and moving back in with her parents.  it's probably for the best, as she has a very supportive family.  i just don't understand what happened, but i think it had a lot to do with his drinking problem.  he seemed a little sick the time i met him, but apparently maleena had no clue anything was wrong, and i guess nobody knew anything.  i feel really sad for them  :(  i can't imagine.  i'm good, i don't need good vibes, i'd rather everyone send them out to maleena and her son tylar.  they really need it, especially with the time of year and tylar being so young.  thank you though, dahlie.  i'm going to go try to sleep (i'm hyped up over company coming, and i'm in the middle of redoing two rooms completely, which i have to have done before friday)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 12:50:39 am »
Unless the house burnt down I don't see how you could have known. You shouldn't feel bad.