Author Topic: Just a post about being in love with a dog  (Read 4502 times)

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Just a post about being in love with a dog
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:53:41 am »
So, I've had other dogs before, and I loved them all very much. BUT, Bella... she is turning out to be the sweetest, most wonderful furry creature I've ever encountered. I typically will sit in the living room in the morning for a bit to "prepare" myself for the day, and in the evening to unwind with a movie, and Bella is ALL about it! She has decided that the only place for her is on the couch, head in my lap, paw on my leg... she just sleeps (and snores) away. She is just so sweet.  I have never had a cuddle bug like her before. She's already sleeping in my room at night (which, at 5 months is a record for me). She doesn't eat anything, chase anything, redecorate anything, pee, etc... she just sleeps with me.  I realize how wonderful of a gift she is to me and how much I love her!  I just had to share... I can't imagine my life without her, or animals in general for that matter! Us Big Paw people have the right idea about life.  :D
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Nicole

Re: Just a post about being in love with a dog
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:24:26 am »
Awww, nice post! I can say the same things about Cabeza. Those that have met him know...he is the most incredibley laid-back, wise old soul you'll ever meet. He's the love of my life and no dog could ever replace him.

Of course, Ms. Special Edna is growing on us all, too. She is one sweet baby. But, she's no Cabeza. He is practically perfect in every way.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 06:30:45 am »
Strangely enough, I feel the same way about Ranger, even though he is a horrible, twisted, mutant freak boy.  Perhaps I have issues with settling for less!   :D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:44:40 am »
Strangely enough, I feel the same way about Ranger, even though he is a horrible, twisted, mutant freak boy.  Perhaps I have issues with settling for less!   :D
Amen sister!!  I love the freaky, crazy ones, too!

When Bella is done with Jack can you send her to my house because Cosmo just wants the whole couch!!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:08:16 am »
I'm so happy that you have your sweet, Bella! :) She sounds like a dream! :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 10:18:41 am »
I think we're all lucky!  I'm in love with every dog on this site!  I just haven't had a connection with a dog like I have with Bella. So, I'll send Bella over to help out Jack and Cosmo, but then they have to in return teach her some "cleanliness" issues.  Bella's not to bright in that department. LOL I love her anyway.  ;)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 11:13:29 am »
Awe Belle sounds like a real sweetheart and looks like one too  ;D I couldnt imagine my life without my 3 boys, all 3 are special in their very own way

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 09:10:47 pm »

Yup that is Harley; pretty much the worst dog I've ever owned but I LOVE him with my whole heart; he is a naughty, sloppy mess of a dog but I just adore him; he makes me laugh when the rest of the family is annoyed with him because he "borrowed" something I am usually giggling.

Bella is lucky to have you; and you lucky to have her!  Isn't dog ownership wonderful...(most of the time)

Lyn

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:23 pm »
Hubby and I were just talking about this very subject the other night. :)

Bubba is my soul mate of the dog world. I knew from the time I first layed eyes on him. All puppies are adorable.. but he really stood out to me. It's hard to explain.. I know that probably sounds corny. :P There was just something about his sweet expression that struck me. To those he considers his family is the most tolerant, loving, cuddly dog I've ever had. He's definitely a momma's boy though. ;D

But shhhhh don't tell Lola. She is cuddly but at the same time very independant and aloof. Don't get me wrong, I love her all the same but Bubba is 'my boy'  :)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 10:03:52 pm »
Love this thread!

I'm with you all the way Blusky!!

I've never had a dog before so I have nothing to compare Teddy with.  I can't believe how much I love him - he's just a dog (LOL!).   
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 10:37:08 pm »
I too love this thread... and LOVE your sentiments!

I too can not believe just how much I love my pups...  they complete me!  :)