Author Topic: we have a very old visitor  (Read 3894 times)

angelsmama

we have a very old visitor
« on: December 22, 2006, 02:55:21 am »
I saved him from being hit by a car and he has been hanging around our porch since this morning. He is pretty old I can tell, poor guy whimpers a lot, hard for him to walk around and I think he has cancer, lump in his ear and a knot under his leg. We are making signs and putting them up and going around looking for his owners.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: we have a very old visitor
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 03:02:10 am »
Aww poor guy. Good luck finding the owner. That makes me sad. At least he wont have to be alone for Christmas!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 03:09:50 am »
Oh the poor baby!!   :'(   He must be so sad; but even if he isn't aware he has found himself a loving family to make sure he doesn't get hurt in the big bad world.

I hope his family is searching for him!!  Bless  you for taking him in and looking out for him.

Best of luck in finding his family.

Randy & Harley

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 06:21:32 am »
i think his paw is broke :( its swollen and hurts if i even touch it. we went to a few houses where we thought he came from , no one answered and no one knows where he came from. oh i hope no one dropped the little guy.  we couldnt afford to buy a big bag of food which is all senior food comes in here, so we bought a small bag of ol roy to do him will we find his home. it's better than him going hungry. we made him a comfortable bed too.

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 10:53:53 am »
my mom said if we cant find his owners we'll keep him. it wouldnt be fair, a guy his age at a rescue/shelter. hes not made any attempt to leave our house he got off the porch long enough to do his thing then got back on his bed. and this is a TINY neighborhood like 500 people at the very most... so wont be hard to get word out about him.. ive been calling him lil buddy :P

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 02:49:56 pm »
He's definately a cutie, i hope he's just temporarily lost and someone will come get him to spoil for christmas. Good job on making him feel loved in the mean time.

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 08:23:36 pm »
Very happy you rescued Lil Buddy.  He looks like a sweetheart.  Maybe he is from a home with a house sitter who doesn't know what to do to search for the dog.

So many pets get lost around the holidays with the increased traffic in and out of houses and guests who don't know how to get out a door without letting the animals out.

We almost lost little Runtly that way.  A friend of a friend came over about 10 winters ago who left the front door to the house and two gates open.  Runtly was 30 feet out into the open desert before I saw what that girl had done.  I didn't put Runtly down till they left and the girl didn't get invited back.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 02:09:35 am »
I sure hope that you guys find his family - poor little guy. I am so happy to hear that you guys have him though and are willing to take care of him if no one comes to claim him. Hopefully the foot is not broken, maybe there is a low cost clinic somewhere close to you. I am sending you guys happy thoughts.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 05:35:50 am »
he sure is a cutie!  are you sure what is behind his ear isn't just a molish type growth?  i saw old dogs come in to be groomed that got more and more the older they got.  hopefully that's all it is!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

angelsmama

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 05:50:23 am »
its his leg its behind and its pretty hard. doesnt seem to hurt him though

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 07:51:36 am »
sorry it was hard to tell from the pics.  that's really odd!  i'm glad it doesn't hurt him, though!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]