Author Topic: If you have a minute:  (Read 1780 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
If you have a minute:
« on: December 23, 2006, 03:17:03 am »
Some of you may remember about 6 months ago I wrote about my father-in-law who had heart surgery and we didn't think he would make it thru the night.  Well he did but the recovery has been very difficult he was in the hospital in bed no walking or anything for 6 months..until yesterday when he was moved to a nursing home rehab place that was to get him to walk again, dress again all those type of things, so yesterday 6 months to the day he was finally moved to the rehab, at 4:00 in the morning his heart stopped and they did CPR and rushed him to the hospital where he is now on a ventilator again in ICU.  He wasn't even out of the hospital for 24 hours :'(.  It has been such a roller coaster ride - I feel horrible for my mother in law and my hubby.  We will be heading up there later tonight (we live about an hour and a half away).  Christmas is going to be very stressful this year.  (actually my kids and I are jewish so we don't celebrate Christmas but we do go to my husbands family and it will be stressful there.)

Thanks for the thoughts and for listening

Randy

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: If you have a minute:
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 03:19:54 am »
so sorry to hear, i hope he gets better soon!  keeping you all in my thoughts!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 03:21:27 am »
Oh Randy, i a so sorry to hear about your fath-in-law! We are sending tons of healing vibes and positive energy your way! You and your family are in our thoughts!

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 01:19:00 pm »
I am so sorry you have to deal with all of this at Christmas time...even if you don't celebrate. It must be so hard on all of you. My husband and I just placed his Mom with dimentia in a Nursing Home in Nov. We go up and visit her tomorrow. I know the stress of illness in extended family. My thoughts and good wishes go out to you and yours.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown