Author Topic: Christmas Turkey!!!  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Christmas Turkey!!!
« on: December 25, 2006, 12:18:04 am »
Hi everyone and a big Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!!!! :D :D :D

As some of you know, my dog Turkey was hit by a car about two months ago and broke her back leg and her pelvis. Well... today she comes home from North Carolina from her second surgery. She had the pin taken out of her femur, and got some ex-rays. The ex-rays showed all of her bones to be totally healed!!!! YAY!!!! And in a few hours I will receive the best gift, my little Turkey!!! ;D

So she will have to be confined for a little bit longer while she's still sensitive from the pin, but no more surgeries!!! YAY!!!!!! I am so so thankful!!!!!!!! So we'll see how she feels, I am hoping that now that the pin is out she will be more comfortable about using her back leg. So far she had been just truckin' around on her three good legs. But I am really crossing my fingers that she will use all four legs very soon!

Thanks everyone for your support while we went through this, it was so hard in the beginning and it really feels like a miracle that I still have my baby girl!!! YAY for Turkey!!!
I'll post pics of her after she gets home today. ;)
 ;D

EllieAndBlu

Re: Christmas Turkey!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 12:23:40 am »
Oh Rebekah - that is the best Chistmas gift EVER! I am so happy for you and Turkey! Sounds like she is doing amazingly well! I cant wait to see the pics!

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 12:26:50 am »
Happy Holidays to you

Sounds like you already have your Merry Christmas. So glad for you that she is going to be all right.

I remember the story of the escape. Glad is it is going to have a happy ending.

Skippy
Central New York

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 01:16:42 am »
I agree that is the best present ever ;D Glad to hear Turkey is doing so well...she is such a strong girl.  Merry Christmas :-*

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 11:43:20 pm »
Yeah Turkey for Christmas....o h no that didn't sound right! 

Yeah Turkey is home for Christmas - oh that is better, so glad you are all together for the holidays.  Hoping everyone is happy and healthy now and in 2007!!  Tell all your babies NO ESCAPING!!  I tell Harley all the time there is no need to escape you aren't going to be treated any better than you are here!!

Happy holidays!

Randy & Harley

chaosndestruction

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 05:09:43 am »
Yay!!!! I'm so glad she's recovering so well!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:26:29 am »
Thanks for all the kind words!! Turkey can feel the love!

Here's a brand new picture of my girl. ;D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 10:00:16 am »
Oh Rebekah, Turkey looks fantastic!  It does theheart good to see her looking so healthy again!