Author Topic: Thomas has made it to Christmas  (Read 2131 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Thomas has made it to Christmas
« on: December 25, 2006, 09:12:48 am »
I took Thomas to my parents house with the dogs for Christmas (they live in San Antonio, a little less than an hour and a half from me). His two brothers, Bevo and Turbo, stayed with my old roommate for Christmas this year.

Anyway, Thomas made it to SA, chilled at my parents house, and then chilled on the car ride home... Yes, he chilled. He didn't want to be in the carrier, so I let him out. He decided to ride shotgun on the console of my Jeep, backwards, most of the way home. I got a lot of people passing by and pointing. I'm sure they would have been pointing more if they had seen the dogs, but they were lumped over one another in the backseat, below the windows. LOL He rode part of the way on a box in the front seat, too, which made him even more prominent... and he chose to face forwards when he was on the box.

Here are a couple of pictures of the little guy in the car. He's really bony right now, but the vet was even surprised that he's still doing well-walking around a bit, meowing when he hears his name, playing with toys a bit, etc. He's not himself, but he's not ready to go yet. They said a couple of days to a couple of weeks, and it looks like he's about to head into his second week doing okay. I'm also including a pic of Thomas in his "normal" position-sitting on his bottom, upright like a person. He used to sit this way all the time, usually with one paw over his crotch, even when he wasn't cleaning himself. This one is from several weeks ago, before I knew he was sick or started displaying any symptoms.

BTW-Thomas isn't really that big. He's been at 10 pounds since adulthood until now. He's *very* fluffy, though, so he looks pretty big. LOL
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 09:17:30 am by macybean »

EllieAndBlu

Re: Thomas has made it to Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 09:35:47 am »
awwwww..... I am so glad Thomas is holding his own and doing well. It sure looks like he ejnoyed the ride. The good days are the moments that are so   treasured as our loved ones help prepare us.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 09:53:16 am »
he's so pretty!  i'm glad to hear that he enjoyed his christmas!  what a treat that must be to take your babies to your parent's house!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 01:55:27 am »
I'm sorry to read about Thomas, but glad he's hung on to celebrate the holidays with you. The picture of him sitting is  so cute. Neither of my kits do that!

Stay strong. 
lmt.