Author Topic: for all the people with problems with their dogs at the door, an idea!  (Read 5086 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
we have had problems with our dogs rushing the door when people knock, but we've now found a solution!  we got a new door bell (that was like $30 at lowes, it's wireless too!) that has different door bell options, some odd around 60 of them.  one is a bird chirping.  it's different, and the dogs hear birds all the time, and they have STOPPED rushing the door completely!  their anxiety over people at the door is gone.  completely!  our pizza man even looked at hubby funny because he shut the door fast, because the dogs didn't even bother looking up, i guess they figured brandon was taking a cigarette break!  the guy was very relieved when he realized why hubby did it!  just thought i'd share!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: for all the people with problems with their dogs at the door, an idea!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 08:51:45 am »
That's a cool idea.  Do you what the name/brand of the doorbell is?  I just like the idea of having different sounds.  I'm kind of weird like that. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 09:05:34 am »
Thanks!  I'll have to go by my local Home Depot and see if they carry one. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 09:10:54 am »
it's awesome!  the only problem SOME people have with it (i have small fingers and can grab the piece of plastic with no problem) is if they have big fingers, it has 16 rows of two metal prongs (and then you have the a-d switch on the side so you don't have to count up to 67 if you want that song), that a plastic piece goes over to bridge them together.  it's an easy thing though if this is a problem, just have a pair of needle nose pliers handy when you want to change the tune.  it also has a volume control, and a 100ft range on it.  it's awesome, i spent a whole 5 minutes to install it, and it was mostly b/c i could get the screw to go into our wall because of a stud.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:04:56 am »
Cool idea!  Koby's been freaking out lately when the doorbell rings, so I'll have to look into this.  Thanks for the info! 

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 09:15:12 pm »
What an awesome idea! 

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 10:04:44 pm »
Rosie goes into a major barkfest everytime she hears the doorbell. Sometimes a doorbell coming from the TV will even get her going. A more 'natural' non-doorbell sound would probably help ease her barking everytime someone's at the door. Right now, she does a pretty good job at getting our visitors to back away from our front porch altogether, with her loud deep Newf bark.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 11:28:00 pm »
that's like our UPS man will leave packages on the drive way and literally RUN away hee hee
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 11:28:22 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)