Author Topic: How much time does your Saint spend sleeping ?  (Read 3954 times)

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
How much time does your Saint spend sleeping ?
« on: December 29, 2006, 05:34:09 am »
Hi there,

have been quiet for a while, so hello guys.

Day-z is now in the UK (hurrah) and she is loving the winter weather.

I wondered how much time your Saints spend sleeping - as she is pretty much asleep all day, maybe awake for 1 hour or so in total.  She is not ill at all, but maybe lazy.

Am interested to hear how much your big babies sleep.

Jill and Day-z

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
Re: How much time does your Saint spend sleeping ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 07:29:45 am »
I think the larger breeds do tend to sleep more than smaller breeds.  My mastiffs seem to sleep most of the day, with brief periods of activity, and then back to napping.  They wake up in the morning, go outside to potty, and then back to bed to snore for a couple more hours, then wake up for breakfast, and back to sleep, then wake up to go for a walk or out to play, but never awake and alert for much over two hours at a time without a nap.  Wish I could sleep like they do!

Weedsport, NY

Offline LJ06

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 08:28:32 am »
Our Saint Grace sleeps alot too. We usually have to get her out of bed to go outside in the morning ;D She does get alot of interaction with our other dog but if he wasnt in the picture I think she'd sleep all day.
~Leslie

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:44:05 am »
Bubba used to sleep alot before we got Lola. Now they would rather wrestle than sleep. They litterally are like the energizer bunnies.. I wish sometimes I could pull out their batteries.  :D

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 10:11:15 am »
Bella sleeps most of the day and most of the evening too.  She wakes up long enough to eat, or potty, and occassionally she'll run through the house and play with one of her toys. That lasts about 15 minutes at the most. Then she crash and burns on the couch and she's out for a few hours before she gets back up again. I wish I couldsleep like her too.  ;)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:08:18 am »
i agree with Imani's Mom, when she said that larger breeds sleep more.  axle is very lazy, and sleeps a majority of the day, unless i aggravate him into playing, or wake him up to potty / eat.  i think he's just mostly bored, so he sleeps because there's never anything new going new going on, but he's still really lazy.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline annaaul

• Gnawer
  • Mason and Daisy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 09:48:23 pm »
Mason sleeps alittle more than every other breed ive known small to giant.