Author Topic: My Zoo  (Read 4410 times)

lorim2

My Zoo
« on: December 30, 2006, 11:37:46 pm »
Just a few pics from my home zoo...Will eventually get everyone on!  I love them all...

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: My Zoo
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 11:47:28 pm »
This thread deffinately needs a snake warning. Eek :o

All the non-snake critters are cute :)
RIP former BPO

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:52:04 pm »
I know not everyone loves them but thanks for looking!  We do an educational show with them..and we take Bindi(the coatimundi) and Marley to lighten the mood and help them overcome their fears.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 11:52:53 pm »
wow. Nice Collection of Herps you got there. I had a few... but they passed within the year. i lost 3 iguanas in 3 years (so sad). one to MBD, two to seizures... (which im also told was from MBD)they were rescues... I also had a green basilisk male, who passed before xmas. and my mom has two green water dragons (so we're lizard fans as u can guess). i also owned a Black Emperor Scorp. Who gave birth to babies... and a Costa Rican Zebra (aka Stripe kneed) Tarantula.
what is that first creature. he/she sure is purdy!!
Congrats.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:55:45 pm »
wow. Nice Collection of Herps you got there. I had a few... but they passed within the year. i lost 3 iguanas in 3 years (so sad). one to MBD, two to seizures... (which im also told was from MBD)they were rescues... I also had a green basilisk male, who passed before xmas. and my mom has two green water dragons (so we're lizard fans as u can guess). i also owned a Black Emperor Scorp. Who gave birth to babies... and a Costa Rican Zebra (aka Stripe kneed) Tarantula.
what is that first creature. he/she sure is purdy!!
Congrats.
Thanks!  We actually have several more...I am starting to be a lizard person.  The Beardie you see was a rescue from last week..Loveingl y name Lance Armstong!  Bindi is a coatimundi..fr om South America

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 11:58:02 pm »
Nice. Your beardie looks female? no? i could be wrong. lol. my cousin has a large Male... hes orange... yours looks yellowish, but could be the camera...
I can't wait to see the rest of your crew. HAHAH im a geek when it comes to herps. and exotics. but that Coata...whatch u majiggers... is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO Cute. i love it.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 12:00:49 am »
OMG, i just looked up your Coati, and realized. We HAD some in our local "petting farm" unfortunately, someone broke in at night and stole the breeding pair PLUS their new borns. but, i DO know what they are now :) hehee
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

lorim2

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 07:30:57 am »
Awww...thats so sad.  I dont think they  knew what they were getting into.  As much as we love Bindi, she is a full time job x100.  She is so full of energy..like a neverending 2yr old, but we love her and she really is alot of fun.  The beardie I think is actually crossed with a sandfire because around his eyes are orange.  Very nice lizard.  I will email you a link to look at all our stuff!  Its always nice to find another reptilian lover!!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 09:58:21 am »
Wow what a houseful!!  I love the Coati he is so cute, the lizards are cool actually my son wants one but it would have to be a herbavour(sp), the snakes well they are nice looking but I must say I'm not a snake lover either - but they look very happy with you and your family.  How great that you do an educational show; maybe if I was exposed earlier I wouldn't find snakes so scary.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 10:40:20 am »
Beautiful creatures, all of them!! Even the snakes!!! :D I used to have a boa and a ball python when I was a teenager. It's been a long time since I handled a snake, but I think they are awesome!!!

That's great that you have rescued so many, the pet trade is scary- so often people don't realize what they are getting into when buying exotic animals.

Great zoo!!! ;D Looks like you have a pretty cute dog there, too! :D ;)

Anakalia

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 10:46:25 am »
Wow, great pics!!  Love the coati, but look at his claws!  ;D lol  Can't wait to see more pics of your zoo.

lorim2

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 11:18:25 am »
Thanks so much for the great comments..I will def post more pics. As long as I have someone to look at my babies I will post!  haha  but these are the babies that give me the most love back!! My other little chi is never still enough to get any good pics..