Author Topic: how would my great pyr walk if he fractured or displaced his hip from climbing.  (Read 6413 times)

Offline MYBESTPAL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
 >:(

My best pal...(I believe fractured his hip coming up make shift stair from the basement.  The owner said he walked into the room with his rear end & legs going in one direction & the rest of the body straight.  He was fine the day before.  He also, possibly had a small tumor under his belly & she says that it grew overnight & had to put him to sleep

Offline MYBESTPAL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
It sounds like "your" great pyr may have stumpled on these makeshift stairs.  No dog enters a room looking like that & be told it was a tumor that grew overnite.  Yes you aren't being told the truth.  Very said.  How old?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 03:06:20 pm by MYBESTPAL »

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
My dog limps sometimes after walking up/down alot of stairs but it goes away soon usually. How old is the dog? Who told you he had a tumor?

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Either I read this wrong or something is missing in this post.  What does a tumor have to do with his possible fx hip?  First thing I suspect is hip dysplasia as it is so common in the breed.  But they put him to sleep because?

Jackie Wood
Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Mye  Toy poodle Did this eight year;s ago,she is fine she had surgury,run;s play's you name it,! But Stair's as in one of my many many story's u u u u u u need to be sosososo care ful with the Large Breed or any breed in puppie's or older Dog's too! For that matter,our molly is 4 mo,old i still walk her down with her lead better safe, she has Big! Feet and Slip's Easy, and ad a that way you can catch her then u need a gate once u are up,by the time they are six mo,they good and on there feet,But i am Confused why was this puppie put to Sleep What a Shame!!!!!!!You think u don;t even know if it had a tumor] why does would by alive regarding hip's Dixie is Prove of it!this is to Sad!!!!! Very sorry molly maggie!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I am very sorry but that post doesnt make any sense to me...can you elaborate?
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Well look Right here,this is Dixie,She had Hip,Surgury 8Year;s Ago!!!!!.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 11:15:51 pm »
 Why was?? this puppy put Down? Look here at Dixie,she had Surgury, She is Fine,Runny Playing she is a Riot!!With Molly&Maggie!!She is eight year;s old!!! this was just taken two mo ago!she is a gem! the puppy did not get a chance,was it cost it that why,yes it cost 1000$ our dog's are worth more then that right? ;)that was a shame look at dixie &Maggie love molly&maggie!! :-* :-*

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
This will be my last thing i will say would love to hear from Some other's on this Sight, why? was this puppy? Great PYR? Put Down?M,L,? a lot out there!!! what a cute pup!!so sorry,maybe we don;t know all!how story!!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
So Why Did you your puppy down how sad!!? just wondering have not not heard one thing about it? what a shame?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
I hope we are all reading this wrong.  Please tell us that this puppy was not put to sleep.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
OK, somone help my understand why Message #1, and message #2, are from the same person?.. Dur dur, I'm saying what you're saying EastJenn.  Split personality?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:38:30 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

GR8DAME

The original posts were in July. I would say that MyBestPal is no longer active.
Stella

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
These are the only two post by MyBestPal, not sure what is going on. 
The original posts were in July. I would say that MyBestPal is no longer active.
Stella
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)