Author Topic: Should you have more then one dog???  (Read 9572 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Should you have more then one dog???
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 01:43:43 pm »
Hehehehe... once you start, you can't stop! :D

I LOVE MY DOGS!!!!!!!! ;D

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 01:44:00 pm »
LOL.. We have 2 Saints and my hubby wants a Newf next. He's even asked me if any Newf pups have been posted here that were in rescue. hahhaa. I'm so not ready for another puppy.. I feel like I just finished housetraining Lola. :D

Butts Mom, Good luck finding your perfect new Saintly addition!

Krista I

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 01:46:20 pm »
no offence to my hubby, but, I wish I had a dog lovin hubby like yours lol...

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 01:48:12 pm »
thankfully, my hubby has the patience of a saint when it comes to my "addiction" to dogs who need homes.  probably help (or maybe it's the reason) that he's always at work ha ha
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Krista I

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 01:51:58 pm »
lol.. Well I think I'm lucky because my hubby just got a new job, started yesterday, and he'll be working away all week, just home on weekends, so maybe that's why he gave into the idea of me getting a saint lol.. but little does he know I want more lol...

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 01:57:04 pm »
lmao that's how we got started!  hubby had just joined the army, and i was bored and wanted a furr friend!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 06:21:04 pm »
I've done the one dog thing and now I have two. I think it is essential (depending on the dog of course) to let dogs have canine companions all the time. But if you cannot afford a second dog, don't get one! They are more money, more trouble, and more training. But they are great. My two keep each other company and love being together. My first dog was an only dog, raised as an only dog, and thus was never around other dogs hardly. He hated them because of that. Bringing a second dog into our home with him would have been a mistake. So it depends on the dog too.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 06:36:43 pm »
I have always had dogs- for as long as I can remember- and that is plural. I am in dog heaven right now and loving every minute of it There are some squirmishes for attention occasionally- but for the most part - we are all just a big happy pack. I do know that since dogs are pack animals, they certainly thrive in a pack situation, but I also know people who only have one dog and that dog is happy and content being the one and only. Do what feels comfortable, and if you do add to the family- you know that we will insist on lots of pictures. We all seem to thrive on pictures here at BPO.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 06:39:01 pm »
I should not be reading this... the temptation to get another pupper has kicked in big time over here.  Ranger is now 2 years old and I have been considering another big guy.  Now, don't get me wrong, Ranger is still having is teenage moments, but mostly under control for the most part.   Definitely something to consider.... ;)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 06:39:17 pm »
speaking of pics, when are we gonna see lots of pics of all YOUR babies??
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

dohertyswissy

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 06:46:38 pm »
I should not be reading this... the temptation to get another pupper has kicked in big time over here.  Ranger is now 2 years old and I have been considering another big guy.  Now, don't get me wrong, Ranger is still having is teenage moments, but mostly under control for the most part.   Definitely something to consider.... ;)

Oh Heather!  I forgot to tell you ... Ranger called me up the other day and he was all "So, I'd like to have a little brother or sister.  Could you convince my mom?"  Seriously!  He did!  I wouldn't make something like that up.  I'm thinking you should totally go for it!!! ;)

Hmmm.... so that would explain all the goobers on the phone... sneaky puppy!  lol!  Jenn - How come I knew you were gonna jump right on this??  This is one of the many reasons I love you.  :-*