Author Topic: the claimed german shepherd in my home town...  (Read 4573 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
the claimed german shepherd in my home town...
« on: January 03, 2007, 05:41:44 pm »
was shot after chasing 4 people down unprovoked (random people) after escaping from his yard, and biting them, each time causing an injury large enough for stitches and emergency care.  the cops finally found him chasing his 5th victim down, the guy going as fast as he could down the street on his bike.  the cops were unable to get close enough to the dog to catch it, as they feared it would turn on them, and were forced to shoot it.  the cops stipulated that the dog must have been mixed with wolf, because it's pure black coat, but yellow eyes, and size.  sad, but understandable, i cannot imagine what could cause this dog to act this way.  any ideas?  my mom took care of the people bit (she's the er manager in my hometown) and said each person was just walking, when the dog came up and bit them, each time on the calf, and nowhere else.  very odd to me, according to the cops, it tested negative for rabies.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: the claimed german shepherd in my home town...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 06:21:59 pm »
it's definitely free of whatever was plaguing it...  unfortunately, it took a one way trip to doggy heaven  :'(  the cops in our town don't play with things like this (we've had several the past few years) and are told by the police chief to shoot to kill if the dog looks like it may turn on them.  they also told the public in our town to do the same after hurricane katrina.  there was also a case a few months ago where a rotti attacked 2 policemen unprovoked.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:23:53 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: the claimed german shepherd in my home town...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 12:46:37 am »
wolf mixes are popular where i'm from, they mentioned that it had yellow eyes, that's why they said they thought it was mixed.  i'm not sure i've ever seen a german shepherd with yellow eyes (not that that would stand out in my memory), but i sure have seen GS / wolf mixes that were black with yellow eyes.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)