Author Topic: Zoey's new non-slip booties  (Read 4705 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Zoey's new non-slip booties
« on: January 04, 2007, 10:32:29 pm »
Today I was at the pet store and saw a dog with funny things on his paws, so I ased what they were for and found out that they helped prevent him from slipping and sliding. Zoey has major floor slippage problems, so I bought a set. And so far they are working!  :o

They are called pawz boots ( http://www.pawzdogboots.com/index.html ) and they are disposable boots that basically look like big uninflated balloons. They look funny, make a funny noise hen she walks, and are expensive ($18 for a pack of 12) but it is worth it if she can walk around more comfortably - she hasn't slipped once since she put them on  :o And that's on wood floors! And the best part is she isn't even having trouble getting up now (she often has trouble because she can't get traction from her back legs to push up). Since we put the boots on she hasn't struggled to get up once! I'm so excited!
RIP former BPO

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Zoey's new non-slip booties
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 10:40:28 pm »
You only put them on the back feet? Just looked them up and there's a supplier not to far from me, just might have to look into getting miss Libby a pair let me know after you've tried them for a bit if you don't mind
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:44:47 pm »
You only put them on the back feet? Just looked them up and there's a supplier not to far from me, just might have to look into getting miss Libby a pair let me know after you've tried them for a bit if you don't mind

Well, we were going to put them on all of her paws, but we decided to start with just the back paws to see how she would react. She struggled to get them on (she is terrified of having her paws touched) but she hasn't touched them once now that they are on. And since her hips are her problem even having them on the back paws has made a huge difference. We'll probably add them to the front paws tommorow.

I'll let you know in a few days if we are still happy with them :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:36:47 pm »
Green is so her color!!! She looks so beautiful in her new shoes!! ;)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:53:08 pm »

maybe it'd keep little miss messy clean when she goes in the yard ha ha ha maybe she won't get them dirty EVERY time she goes out!  just picking!  you know we love you ;)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 05:08:32 am »
look at our snazzy big paws in their very own little boots!! VERY CUTe!  i have to hide the pictures of zoey though from fumble.. we all know how he feels about her!! lol!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Anakalia

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:07:56 am »
That is a great idea!!  I'm so glad they're working for her.  I can't believe she's keeping them on, I don't think I've ever had a dog that liked things on their feet! lol  Maybe she knows they're there to help her. 

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 10:13:39 am »

maybe it'd keep little miss messy clean when she goes in the yard ha ha ha maybe she won't get them dirty EVERY time she goes out!  just picking!  you know we love you ;)

hahaha That's okay (that's what I was thinking plus we have wood floors) I'll get you back one of these days you just wait  ;)
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 06:33:14 pm »
I came home today and she had taken them off. Sher didn't mind them at first but after about 10 hours she wanted them off. Dan watched her  - she stepped on one with her other foot and then lifted her foot out, and repeated on the other side. It's kind of like how she got her e-collar off when we were asleep - she is really clever when something annoys her  :o  I am still really pleased with them though and will put them on her during the day when she is walking around

i have to hide the pictures of zoey though from fumble.. we all know how he feels about her!! lol!!
lol  :D He loves her a little too much  ;)

Do they come in assorted colors!?!? 
Well they make different colors, but the colors are by size. I wanted red ones but I had to get green because that's what color extra large size is.
RIP former BPO

Krista I

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 07:35:32 pm »
I have never seen those kind of doggy boots.. Here they sell doggie moccasins lol.. and you can get them in pink, blue or tan colors.  They're too cute.. my friend bought a pink pair for her chow chow Daisy lol.. I'm gonna have to get her to send me pics of her wearing them and post them on here :)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 08:12:36 pm »
Oh that is too cute.I have thought about getting Butt a pair of botties for going outdoors.Like a typical boy he steps in all the mud he can find before he comes in the house.When it rains for even a few days my floors look like a herd of elephants went thru.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie