Author Topic: Thor is gone  (Read 5371 times)

Offline ambulance_Driver

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Thor is gone
« on: January 13, 2007, 04:31:17 pm »
Well I had to find my WONDERFUL st. bernard Thor a new home due to my having back surgery and no one in my family being willing to help me take care of him, or let him in their house.  On the plus side he went to a lady and her husband that already had two saints and a german shepard that live full time in their house.  It still doesn't help, I miss his big understanding eyes, slobbery kisses, and the way he made me smile anytime i felt down.  His new mom said that I can come visit him, take him for a walk etc but I won't; it would just be too hard.  Anyway thanks for listening and goodbye Thor
Ellie: Bichon Frise
Dash: Chinese Crested
Ginger: Paint filly

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Thor is gone
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 04:49:32 pm »
I am so sorry none of your family/friends were able to help you and Thor out. I agree I wouldn't be able to go visit either, but what about an e-mail up-date now and then? Sending you a hug and hope you get back on your feet soon.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 04:58:11 pm »
:( You must miss him but it sounds like he will have lots of fun at his new home, running with the other dogs. I agree it would be too hard to visit him. Good luck with your surgery.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:08:03 pm »
I'm so sorry that no one could help you and Thor.  It sounds like you found him a lovely home.  You are both in our thoughts.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 05:17:12 pm »
I am sorry that you had to give up Thor. :'(  It is commendable, though, that you sacrificed for his best interest.  It sounds like you found him a good home. 
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:25:03 pm »
My heart breaks for you.  :'(

But he's so lucky you were picky in finding his new home. I bet he's in doggie heaven with his new buddies and loving family.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 12:52:11 pm »
That must be really tough.  A choice I wouldn't want to have to make.  I'm sure he will be very happy in his new home with his new buddies.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline ambulance_Driver

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Thor update
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 12:30:59 am »
Well I have been talking to Thor's new mommy and he's doing great.  He has his own people sized bed on the floor next to the human bed, he has a st bernard sister Emmy who he snuggles and plays with so I know he's happy but I really miss him!  I get to go see him next week and I know I'll ball my head off but I need to hug him one more time and to kiss him goodbye.  I never did get to say goodbye to him and really need to do that; not to mention explain why he has a new home.
    Surgery went great, I feel fine and can do just about everything I could before except for lifting anything over 15lbs right now.  The dr said I will probably be able to go back to work around the 12th of march so I'm looking forward to that.  Its really odd how being paralzyed by drugs, having a tube shoved down my throat, my back cut open and worked on doesn't really bother me but not having my kid anymore is killing me.  I know that in time I will eventually have another st. bernard  but I really miss having his head on my pillow next to me, his big droopy lips and the way he could ALWAYS make me laugh and smile no matter what.  I don't miss his shedding however lol.  I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your support and hopefully you'll never have to know the pain of giving your child away!  Thank you SO much!
Ellie: Bichon Frise
Dash: Chinese Crested
Ginger: Paint filly

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 08:00:08 am »
Yes! for sure! We LOVE to cheer on new puppies!  ;)

I'm glad you're gonna see Thor and say goodbye, and I'm glad the surgery went well.  Keep in touch.
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 12:30:41 pm »
you are alot more brave then i m ! I have to have surgery and i have 3 large dogs i even moved so now i don't have to do stairs. The sad part about the whole thing is i know i would'nt get any help from my family they think i put to much stock into my pups. Well the have been with me through some rough times and i don't think i would have made it threw some of those times with out the dogs. So between my friends and hired help that is the only i will make it. Thor sounds like he has a wwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwonderful dog home and new playmates you need to heal and take care of yourself. Its kinda strange i rescued a chihuahua/pug this week and his name was Thor! Take care of yourself! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats