Author Topic: New girl on the block  (Read 14585 times)

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New girl on the block
« on: January 18, 2007, 09:34:02 am »
Hello, my name is Martha , we are going to be the proud people of a new CCI baby born 12/4/06, we will be picking her up Feb 10th, new to the breed would appreciate any and all tips our girl. We will be naming her Bella Costazna etc, etc. But we will call her Bella. This is a picture of her new with her mom and siblings.... :-*
"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, whoever believes, has eternal life.. John 3:16

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: New girl on the block
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:02:35 am »
how cute!  i can't give you any advice on the breed, but i wanted to welcome you to BPO!  i'm sure someone will have great advice for you!  i'm mom to axle (akita) sheeba (akita chow) diesel and scout (great danes) and caine (pitbull), along with two skin kids and a hubby.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 11:53:28 am »
No advice but wanted to say hi and it sounds like we will have two little CCs around the same time. That's at least one person you can compare notes with. Congrats on the pup and welcome.

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:46:14 pm »
Have you done any research on this breed?
How did you decide on a Cane?
Who is your breeder?
Are the parents health tested?proof?
Are they titled?
Are you ready for their temperament?
Health problems?
Costs?
What other breed/s have you owned before?

I am not trying to be difficult, but this breed can be difficult and not for novice dog owners(not saying you are, just stating facts).
I have owned Fila Brasileiros and Dogo Argentinos, so I know my stuff. I have a pit bull now. I have done hunting with my Dogos, I have also shown them and my Filas. I researched both breeds for 4 to 5 yrs before I acquired on. I helped at my breeders facility for 3 yrs before I got my babies. She actually raises both Filas and Dogos!

I would be willing to help you the best I can with any questions or anything else!

Tammy
Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 08:56:41 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  You'll love it here!  I'm Jessica and am owned by two newfie girls, Sasha and Bella. :)

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 02:23:33 pm »
What a bunch of cuties!  Yours is about two weeks older than my Zita.

Do you know which one is yours?  More pictures, please.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 05:09:07 am »
WOW u r busy, and u hava a human  .......Power to u
"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, whoever believes, has eternal life.. John 3:16

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 05:10:34 am »
Thank you , Its great to have a place to read all the stuff going on w/our fur balls.

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 05:11:47 am »
Luv your quote,,,, and Thank you for the welcome. Will send more pix when we get her..

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 05:13:44 am »
WOW sounds like u know your dog business..Than k you, I will be asking u for any advice I might need..

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 05:15:23 am »
Hey , another Bella,  your newfy's are gorgeous, I bet they are very sweet. Its good they have each other to keep company.

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 05:17:43 am »
Well lets see, there are 4 girls and one boy, of the fawn color. I don't know which is a boy and which are the girls in that picture, I have another picture with them at 5 weeks, I will try to send it.I forgot how to attach a picture. ???

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 06:56:28 am »
Here is an updated pix of the babies, which one is Bella?????????

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 10:22:00 pm »
Hey, could you send pix of Carma?

Hi and welcome! I have two Cane Corso's, Karma 10 months
and Hoss 6 months. The puppies just look adorable!

Im sure you already have, but make sure you do all the research you can on the breed! A good place to start is http://www.canecorso.org/ that's the Cane Corso Association of America. They have good information and questions to ask of your breeder. Make sure your breeder is reputable and well involved in the breed. The breed has many health problems and you wanna make sure there's no hip dysplasia, epilepsy, etc. in their family history.

Hip dysplasia is very prevelant in this breed and I wouldn't want to see anybody's baby end up with it.

Also training is big big big. These dogs can be very dominant and get huge so of course they need excellent obedience training from the very beginning.

I'm glad to see others on here who are interested in the breed. You will love your puppy so much, to me they are just the perfect breed. We have been very lucky health wise and temperment wise.

I bet your sooo excited to get your baby! You will have to post lots of pics when you get more!!! and Bella is such a gorgeous name!

Offline abba2u2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 10:54:55 pm »
hELLO, it has been a year, I never got my pup. I am still waiting. It is quite a long story. Which I would rather not share.

Well, now I am waiting for a pup to be born tomorrow ,hopefully. I will let everyone know. and post pictures. Its good to be bck at the site agian. I have been waiting for a year, I sure hope this is it.