Author Topic: The World's Ugliest Dog  (Read 15064 times)

Offline rv581

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
The World's Ugliest Dog
« on: July 06, 2005, 07:42:02 am »

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: The World's Ugliest Dog
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:24:09 am »
Thats the ugliest Crested i've ever seen... i actually seen that posted on a Chinese Crested group... He kinda doesnt look "Real" Something ouitta a horror movie  :D ;D

Jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 09:32:39 am »
Here's a picture of the crested I foster every summer.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

ilovemyaussies

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 09:49:40 am »
mmm.. I think this dog has won the scariest dog in the world contest rather than just the uglist.  Aaaaaaa     :o

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 09:54:03 am »
I wonder what the health issues are with that poor dog?...His teeth obviously aren't good for starters...It just really makes me wonder what is up with him or her. :(

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 09:59:12 am »
I hope they don't clone it ;D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 10:43:09 am »
Well, all I wanted to do was be afraid of the scary dog, but then Gypsy made me feel all sorry for it, so I had to learn more!  ;D

Here is the article I found on him...

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - The owners of the other contestants in this year's World's Ugliest Dog Contest may have thought their pooches had a chance — until they saw Sam.

The 14-year-old pedigreed Chinese crested recently won the Sonoma-Marin Fair contest for the third consecutive time, and it's no surprise.

The tiny dog has no hair, if you don't count the yellowish-white tuft erupting from his head. His wrinkled brown skin is covered with splotches, a line of warts marches down his snout, his blind eyes are an alien, milky white and a fleshy flap of skin hangs from his withered neck. And then there's the Austin Powers teeth that jut at odd angles from his mouth.

He's so ugly even the judges recoiled when he was placed on the judging table, said his proud owner, Susie Lockheed, of Santa Barbara.

"People are always horrified when I kiss him. He may turn into a prince yet. He's definitely a toad," she said. "I always thought he'd be great on greeting cards or on a commercial for Rogaine."

Sam, who's pushing 15, has something of a cult following after winning the contest — and fans' hearts — for three years running. Last year, huge crowds gathered around Sam and Lockheed at a local parade and Lockheed said she received letters and calls about her pup for weeks.

"So many people have told me they've got his picture on their refrigerator. He certainly has a little cult following," she said. "I did years of professional musical theater and never achieved the fame Sam has."

Sam will appear in this weekend's Fourth of July parade in Santa Barbara, but the recent events may be the cap on a long, ugly career. Lockheed says Sam's now suffering from congestive heart failure, lung and kidney problems and has definitely slowed down in his twilight years.

Still, he enjoys regular gourmet meals of sirloin steak, cheese balls, roasted chicken and flan (so he'll swallow his multiple pills). He also passes occasional weekends at the Gaviota ranch of Lockheed's boyfriend, where the World's Ugliest Dog rides in the back of an ATV with his few remaining hairs wafting in the wind.

*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 11:01:41 am »
Well, bless his little heart!...That poor litle guy!...It sounds like he is well loved though so that's good!...You can feel o.k. to go back to just being afraid of him grumpybunny!...lol! ;D

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 02:11:53 pm »
i totally want him!  i feel so bad for him!

although i would have to agree tina....ifk i woke up to that dog on my chest wagging its tail...i would die of a heart attach right then and there!  my god, its daylight and im already seeing him tearing after me!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 09:37:51 pm »
That dog is sooo creepy. If it was mine I would have nightmares forever. Eugh!! It is the scariest dog in the world.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 08:00:55 am »
awe, that poor dog!

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 08:47:06 pm »
omg can you believe that is a real dog. I am so saddened by the site. He i still gods creature. So I love him. lol
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 10:51:48 pm »
Poor little guy, he's so ugly it kinda makes him cute (to me anyway). Bless his little heart, at least he is enjoying life.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 01:19:14 am »
Well after this, we dont have to be too concerned about our dogs teeth lol..... When I saw those teeth I thought of the two degus we have, they are supposed to have yellow teeth, that shows they are healthy hehe.

Nina...... I was looking very very long and hard, and tried to see the cute part, but hmmmmm im just not feeling it lol......

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline MurphDane

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 06:39:08 am »
This one doesn't quite beat out the Crested, but maybe a runner up?   :)  We found this on a Humane Society website a few years ago, and we just felt so sorry for him.....Appare ntly he's a Sharpei-Golden Retriever mix, which as you can see, turned out badly.....Poor baby.