Author Topic: Sasha's biopsy results...sort of  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Sasha's biopsy results...sort of
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:14:16 am »
First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and well-wishes for Sasha. :)

So far, she is doing very well.  She is very patiently staying in her crate all day (except potty breaks).  One week down and 5 to 7 more to go!  Her leg seems to be healing well and she will have the staples out on Wednesday.

The biopsy results came back "inconclusive".  The vet says that the discoloration of the CCL and the meniscus was due to a physical injury and is not cancer or degenerative disease (yay!).  However, the actual reason for the discoloration was not clear.  So, I suppose this means we shouldn't worry.  If they come back with any more conclusive information, I'll post it.

Thanks again everyone!
Jessica and Sasha :)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Sasha's biopsy results...sort of
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:21:41 am »
i'm so glad she's doing well!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:24:33 am »
Thanks so much for the update, I was just thinking about Sasha yesterday!  I'm so glad she's doing great, hopefully those 5-7 weeks go fast for you and her.  I had an inconclusive test on a skin biopsy and my Dr. told me it's a good thing, because that means they didn't find anything bad and they wouldn't need to do further surgery so I was all kindsa happy!  lol  So now you don't have to worry about the test results and you can focus on her recovery!  ;D 

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:35:58 am »
Thanks so much for the update, I was just thinking about Sasha yesterday! I'm so glad she's doing great, hopefully those 5-7 weeks go fast for you and her. I had an inconclusive test on a skin biopsy and my Dr. told me it's a good thing, because that means they didn't find anything bad and they wouldn't need to do further surgery so I was all kindsa happy! lol So now you don't have to worry about the test results and you can focus on her recovery! ;D

Thank you!  I'm never quite sure what to think.  Whew!  Now I won't worry so much! :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:48:28 am »
Great news Jessica! i am glad she is going to heal just fine.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 03:49:10 pm »
So glad to hear Sasha is doing well and being such a good girl during her recovery! And, what a relief the biopsy came back "inconclusive!" No news is good news.

We are sending tons of love Sasha's way for a speedy recovery!

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 01:06:47 am »
Ditto Ditto on what has been said
I know what's it's like to wait on news and you got good news
You should celebrate.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 07:29:26 am »
Im so glad she is doing well, please keep us updated on your pretty girl.