Author Topic: Crazy Kate  (Read 5802 times)

k2campbell

Crazy Kate
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »
Kate gave us a heart attack yesterday when we got home from work.  Long story.

The people who lived in our house before we bought it were dentists (our dentists actually), very nice people.  Anyhow we got together with them a few times after buying the house, they are a sweet couple and we like them a lot.  A while ago we started getting UPS shipments of dental supplies sent to our house (their old address).  UPS didn’t want a signature or anything – they’d just leave the packages sitting on our patio.  We’d always call our “dentist” friends to let them know we got another package; they would come and pick them up from our house in a few days.  Not a big deal, kind of funny actually – they’ve told this dental supply company over & over that they’re sending this stuff to the wrong address, but they keep sending them stuff (for free) so no loss on their part!  We got a package last Friday and left it sitting on our entry table for whenever they stop by to pick it up this week.

Got home from work last night, the package was ripped open all over the house.  That wasn’t such a big deal – it was what was in the package that scared the living daylights out of us.  Needles.  Dentist needles (more like pins actually), hundreds of them (each about an inch long) all over.  YIKES!  They were on the hardwood, sticking out of Kate’s bed, on the couch – everywhere.  I immediately freaked, thinking Kate had swallowed one (or some).  She seemed fine, her normally silly self.  As we were cleaning everything up, realized why she did this.  The needles/pins were wrapped in small soft plastic containers (the type of soft plastic that would make nice chew toys for Kate).  We found some containers that were still sealed; there were 5 needles/pins per container.

From there we counted all the loose needles/pins vs all the empty (or shall I say “torn apart”) containers.  In the end we were missing 1 single needle/pin.  One of the piles was right next to the floor vent, so we were hoping that’s where the missing needle/pin was.  All night we watched Kate, she was fine.  Fine this morning too.  Just had my neighbor go check on her – she’s fine!  

We are SO lucky, that could have turned out much worse!  Would have also put quite a damper on our day, as we had our ultrasound yesterday (I’m 18.5 weeks along now) and everything was great!

Needless to say we’ll now be keeping any of these dental supply shipments in our garage until our friends pick them up!  They felt bad, but it wasn’t at all their fault.  We learnt our lesson.  We are always so careful at what we leave out – didn’t think the little brat would open up a sealed package like that – gees!

Attached is a picture of Kate "pouting" after getting into a bit of trouble yesterday (please excuse the dirty floor) ;)

Kelly & Kate

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Crazy Kate
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:50:51 pm »
omg what a scare!  i'm so glad she's doing good, and did you find out what your baby is yet??
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 12:51:17 pm »
Wow Kelly that would have scared the crap out of any of us!! Really glad that Kate is okay and congrats on your ultrasound, that pouting pic of Kate is way cute.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 02:11:20 pm »
OMG - Kelly!  How friggin' scary! I am soooo glad nobody was hurt and am so amazed y'all were able to account for all but one needle!

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 02:15:45 pm »
OH MY!  How scarey, I would have been freakin' out!  :o  Koby gave us a scare like that once, when he decided to get into Tony's tool belt and found a box of razors!  He was fine, only interested in the box, but I was sure I was gonna have a heart attack! I'm so glad Crazy Kate's ok.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 03:23:11 pm »
Yikes! I was nervous just reading your post! I can't imagine coming home to that! Glad to know everyone is ok. ;)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat