Author Topic: Different Idea on finding Gus???  (Read 1872 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Different Idea on finding Gus???
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:58:10 am »
Now I can't sleep thinking about you and Gus,but I do have a suggestion.

Continue doing all the things that have been suggested,and also, now I don't know if this will sound dumb to you or not but I would do it in a heartbeat if one of mine went missing.especi ally if I thought someone had them.

I don't know where you are located,but see if there is a *search and rescue* group (dog search and rescue group,or tracking group). Even if the police have dogs in your area.

I don' think this would qualify as an actualy emergency for either of them but practice is practice.And if you could get any of them to come out on their own time and help you search I think that most would be willing.

We have very active groups here believe it or not and I'm sure that they would be willing.Even the police dogs/and handler.

It's just an idea that I can't seem to get out of my head,and it would be something I would try.

In our Thoughts
Tricia and the fur kids

Anakalia

Re: Different Idea on finding Gus???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:54:32 am »
Wow, that's a very good idea, I would have never thought of something like that!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:58:07 am »
they also have investigator teams JUST for missing / run away dogs that go and questions everyone in the area. 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:16:56 pm »
thank you so much,...I dont think they have anything like  that here. My area is a bunch of apartment complexes. I live in Norman, Oklahoma..a college town. It would be hard for me to go door to door but I am willing to do it. Ill definetley try that. thank you

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
OK does have lots of search and tracking team dogs,try and see if any are willing to help in your neighborhood???

Tricia and the fur kids