Author Topic: Tub went to the Vets  (Read 2666 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Tub went to the Vets
« on: February 01, 2007, 11:24:24 am »
I mixed pumpkin in the boys food last night,at 6 this morning when he wanted out it looked like it was working it was a huge pile and close to formed.At 9 when I was up getting the birds up he went in his playpen,ewwwww it was on the playpen,carpet,him and walls :o I cleaned everything up,put him out,let him back in and went to feed the birds.When I came down from feeding the birds he had gone in the downstairs bird room,it was tannish in color and looked like egg whites.I finished with the birds and called the Vets,they could see him in 1/2 hr.I flew in and out of the shower and he had gone again while I was in the shower,the same egg white looking stuff.He as a low grade temp,so they gave him a shot of antibiotic.His poop didn't show anything in the test they did,but they are going to send it off to test for Giardia.They sent him home with Amoxicllin(twice a day) and Diabac(twice a day).They gave  me Eukanuba canned food to make meat balls out of to put the meds in.He also gave me a bag of Eukanuba low residue to switch him too to see if that helps and doesn't want me to let him eat any of Butt's CN dry/wet mix.So now we just wait and see.I have everything crossed it isn't Giardia,because Butt,the birds and I could get that :( Now both boys are sleeping and I'm going to join them :)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Tub went to the Vets
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 11:33:27 am »
 Oh, I sure do hope that your little guy starts to feel better ASAP. and i will keep my fingers crossed that it is nothing too serious.
 Hugs to your little guy, Leah

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:34:58 am »
Awwww, poor Tub!  I'm hoping it's not Giardia too!  Hopefully he'll be back to his bouncy little puppy self in no time.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 11:45:53 am »
I hope the vet gives him the all clear. Not sure how much pumpkin you gave him but remember it has the power to do both (can't poop=pumpkin/ loose poop=pumpkin  :o keep us posted, how is Butt's poop today?
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:46:40 pm »
Poor, poor Tub!  We have all of our fingers and paws crossed that it is nothing serious!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 11:40:19 pm »
I'm a bad Mom,I don't know besides parasites in general what the Vet tested for today.And I think he said that what they were sending out would be tested for 2 things,but once I heard Giarida I started thinking about having to treat the rest of us and can't remember much else :( Butt is doing fine,his poops though fairly soft are what I would consider normal.Since this morning Tub has been doing better,hey I didn't even have to shampoo the carpets this evening ;D With Tub besides the very loose icky stools and throwing up once the yesterday and once today it hasn't slowed him down a bit. I just read in another thread about itching at the jaw could be a food allergy,Butt has itched his jaw for months.I'm thinking maybe I should be switching foods,off to read about dog food now,I can always sleep tomorrow ;)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie