Author Topic: A sick little Bogard Boy....need some help w/ symptoms!  (Read 14474 times)

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: A sick little Bogard Boy....need some help w/ symptoms!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 04:17:34 am »
I saw Ruckus right away once I found BPO - love that photo of you 2!!   ;D  He's a very, VERY handsome Leo!

Bogard is amazing, I am totally in love and sooo happy with him.  Lionslair sounds familiar to me too - you are SO lucky to have visited the pups twice, SO lucky!  I was actually living in Northern CA (San Fran) area when we first started looking for Breeders, so it would have been a easy trip to pick him up near Vancouver- but my move to NYC came up rather suddenly a couple months ago.

Thank you again for you suggestions and help.  I wrote down everything you said to speak with the vet.  I know the feeling of $500 later...we're up to $780 since I got him 6 weeks ago...yikes.  He's worth every penny though, as they all are.  :-) But vet prices in NYC (along with prices for everything else in NYC) are super inflated!

I actually did email the Breeder, and she usually gives such excellent and thorough advise.  She just wrote back that she has never, ever had any problems with parasites in any of her pups, ever.  (It was actually rather odd email I got back from her).  She told me to check with another vet, but a low RBC count and anemia points almost directly to some type of a parasite in a pup this young.  The big thing now is figuring out if we've got one or 2 issues going on here. 

Funny you say it was more pronounced on one side than the other - same thing with Bogard.  His right nostril is the worse, while the other one is just a drip.  I think b/c the vet took a blood sample & realized he had a low RBC count, she kind of stopped with that assuming it was the root of all problems. 

Bogard's energy levels have actually been pretty good (surprising considering he's on so many meds right now).  But hard to tell - as he's still such a sleepy puppy!! 

I bet (in light of the sickness issues and lengthy discussions of snot) we're giving you puppy fever again!!!   ;D Hu?  SO hard to not get it when you see these little guys, so furry and roly-polly at this age!  (This pic is of his first swimming experience!)

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Looove those BIG furballs
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 06:57:24 am »
What a cute picture!
Did he like to swim?
Wishing you and your puppy the best, keep us informed.

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 07:15:13 am »
What a cute picture!
Did he like to swim?
Wishing you and your puppy the best, keep us informed.

He LOVES it!!  Leonbergers have the webbed feet from the Newfy in them.  Since we live in Manhattan, there unfortunately aren't any beaches for him.  Sooo, we do the next best - he goes to the K9 Therapy Pool for swim lessons!  (he's been 2x before the sickness hit)  The guy in the pic is the certified trainer who swims with the pups, and helps them if they need it.  Here's a couple more, he looks so goofy wet!  Do Caucasians like to swim also??? 

Thanks for the well wishes, he's keep his food down so I'm thankful for that! 

henrysmomma

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 07:18:52 am »
Too cute! ;D

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re:Do you have Vip PET INSuranse??.com
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2005, 10:18:31 am »
it is ack,!!very good 300 a year! you get most of it b :o :o :o :o :o
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2005, 10:36:23 am »
I hope that little Boggard is on his feet soon :)

And I just have to take a second to say oh my god those puppy pics are cute!
RIP former BPO

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
I hope that little Boggard is on his feet soon :)

And I just have to take a second to say oh my god those puppy pics are cute!

Thank you so much.....we love to share b/c as you know I'm sure...he won't be small & fuzzy for much longer!   ;D

BabsT

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 06:30:25 pm »
Awww...I hope your boy starts to feel better soon...I hate seeings pups that are sick :(

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: We Hope Bogard is Better We are Picking a Punkin for Him Today!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005, 08:49:23 pm »
 :-*I wanted to tell you molly had round worm's too when we first got her first  :-*thing i did and alway's do Bring pup to vet,with stool we got it! then two later checked again she did not have no more, with these kind of Dog's it is good  :-*to  :-*get them checked out!!! and Maggie had a Tummy problem in Saint's it is Commom, they can get Gastratis,but she is fine,she can't and no dog should eat pig ear's junk! Food,only High Quality Food's We use Eagle pack good Heathy Snake's that have beef&Chicken,these Dog's are my life they when they are full Grown they will 150to 200 so I Them to Live For A long Time!! They Meam a lot To me Go to Webshots.com waffles717 you can see all of my albums of my :-*  :-*pups!! i would love for you to see them they are Great Work We Hope Bogert is Gettng Better it is not to late for Vit pet in, if want to email me please do,  :-*love  :-*mary lee molly! maggie!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ::)

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: We Hope Bogard is Better We are Picking a Punkin for Him Today!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 12:27:06 am »
:-*I wanted to tell you molly had round worm's too when we first got her first  :-*thing i did and alway's do Bring pup to vet,with stool we got it! then two later checked again she did not have no more, with these kind of Dog's it is good  :-*to  :-*get them checked out!!! and Maggie had a Tummy problem in Saint's it is Commom, they can get Gastratis,but she is fine,she can't and no dog should eat pig ear's junk! Food,only High Quality Food's We use Eagle pack good Heathy Snake's that have beef&Chicken,these Dog's are my life they when they are full Grown they will 150to 200 so I Them to Live For A long Time!! They Meam a lot To me Go to Webshots.com waffles717 you can see all of my albums of my :-*  :-*pups!! i would love for you to see them they are Great Work We Hope Bogert is Gettng Better it is not to late for Vit pet in, if want to email me please do,  :-*love  :-*mary lee molly! maggie!!!

Thanks for your well wishes - it seems like so many young pups have had issues of one type or another, which makes me feel much much better!  Our vet took a fecal at 9.5 weeks which turned out fine - oddly enough.   I'll keep you guys posted, hopefully this week is better than last!   :)

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 12:30:32 am »
Awww...I hope your boy starts to feel better soon...I hate seeings pups that are sick :(
Thank you so much....we do too!  He's kept every meal down since Sunday late afternoon/evening, and his appetite has seemed to pick back up, which I am very thankful for!  I hate seeing him sick too - he's too cute to be sick!   :-\  (and I'm worrying too much!)

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 03:24:28 am »
You know i think or wonder if there is a inqubation time on the round worm s from when they hach,so the stool should checked overy other week on new pup's if this is the case,!on maggie she ,did not have them, The thing my guy;s get know is Calliss's on there Elwow's vet does not think much of this i think it cause the size and the,way they drop.the run,does any one know? molly&Maggie!Bogart your Pumkin is coming SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 06:05:32 am »
You know i think or wonder if there is a inqubation time on the round worm s from when they hach,so the stool should checked overy other week on new pup's if this is the case,!on maggie she ,did not have them, The thing my guy;s get know is Calliss's on there Elwow's vet does not think much of this i think it cause the size and the,way they drop.the run,does any one know? molly&Maggie!Bogart your Pumkin is coming SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're dying to see what you've come up with (pumpkin-wise) of course!   :D  I think there definitely is some sort of incubation, or rather when you test fecal matter you know if "worms" are present but that doesn't tell you if larva is present...?  Not sure on this one...but I think you're right there!