Author Topic: *UPDATE... Really Good* Our New Foster  (Read 14282 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: *UPDATE... better* Our New Foster
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 07:54:40 pm »
maybe he just has anxieties related to his food, but no matter what i'm so happy separating him works out so well!  out of curiosity, does he still eat really good, and does he have any problems once he's out the room?  just curious for my own mental notes!  so sad that that guy didn't call.  maybe something important came up and he'll call and apologize, or maybe you're right, it might be a sign.  good luck at his appt. tomorrow.  do you know if you'll get the results then or if it will take a few days?
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: *UPDATE... better* Our New Foster
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 11:24:20 am »
2 brothers came to see Remi last night and it was love at first sight for all of them. They were suppose to come at 6:30 they showed up at 6, LOL. And as soon as they saw him they were in love. They had bought a ball for him and played fetch for about 15 minutes. Rem ran right up to them and gave lots of kisses. Which he never does with strangers. So that was a great sign. We gave them all the info on him, showed them how to feed him. And they are going to take him to the same vet that we go to. They took him last night, he was so happy with them. Since we can't take him to the vet for the blood test I advised them to take him. I gave them a supply of rescue remedy, toys food crate ect. I think that he will be very happy, we told them that if for any reason it doesn't work out that they must return him to us. The adoption contract states that as well. I am sad but happy for him. We are going to call them tonight and see how everything is going.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

Re: *UPDATE... Really Good* Our New Foster
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 12:00:38 pm »
YAY!! Sounds like Remi found his forever home!  I'm so glad things worked out!  ;D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 01:38:38 pm »
That is wonderful news Nina! I am so happy for Remi and you as well! You did right by Remi and he was lucky to have you as well! I love happy endings!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 09:34:40 am »
So I called Remi's new owners last night to see how things are going. And they are going great! WOOHOO. I told him if they have any questions to please give us a call. We will always be available. We forgot to give them part of the crate so we will drop that off this weekend. We are also going to make a follow up call in a week then a month and then 3 months. Yes we are anal. He did thank me for calling to make sure everything was going well. He went for 3 walks and 2 car rides all yesterday! I am so happy for him.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 09:43:01 am »
That's such great news!  Sounds like everythings working out great! I bet he's super happy!  ;D

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 03:09:36 pm »
AAAwwww sounds like everything happened for a reason ~ fingers crossed that he continues to be spoiled rotten. Awesome Job Nina !!!!!!
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)