Author Topic: Bad start to the day  (Read 2604 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Bad start to the day
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:53:38 am »
I just had to share and I also had to try for a little humor in this post because I just don't like to be sad.  Anyway, I woke up this morning and was leaving to head to work when I saw my little black cat Gigi-Marie lying on her side half under the coffee table.  My cat is cat-atonic and she had a major seizure in front of me.  I'm waiting for my vet clinic to open and am taking her up there.  It also sounds like she aspirated on her vomit.  I think she may have been this way since after 1:00am this morning.  From what I am seeing and since she hasn't even remotely had a coherrent moment since I found her I don't think she will make it.  Please keep her in your thoughts.  She was a feral cat that was trapped at a zoo I worked at nearly 10 years ago.  I have no idea on her age but she was an adult because she never grew anymore after I got her.  Sorry this is so long.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

EllieAndBlu

Re: Bad start to the day
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:56:15 am »
oh sweetie, I am so sorry.
You and Gigi-Marie are in my thoughts!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:29:48 am »
I am so sorry that your Gigi-Marie isn't doing well - I hope the vet can help her. 

I will be thinking of both of you today

Randy

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 08:34:06 am »
My thoughts are with you both. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 08:58:28 am »
That is definitely no fun to wake up to. I'm sorry about Gigi-Marie... I hope it all works out for the best.  I'll be sending good juju...
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 11:19:41 am »
I am so sorry!  Poor Gigi is in my prayers.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Lena

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 11:53:25 am »
I'm pulling for Gigi. Poor baby.  She might make it - don't give up.  And of course you already know what a good life you have given her.  Keep positive thoughts in mind.

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:18:57 pm »
Sending well wishes to your sweet baby girl.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Bad start to the day - update
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 09:49:51 pm »
Thanks everyone for all the good thoughts.  Unfortunately, Gigi didn't make it.  I made the decision to PTS when she still hadn't stopped seizing or had a clear moment after an hour.  My vet confirmed my thoughts that she aspirated while seizing and the decreased lung capacity made things worse for her.  I stayed with her while she passed and will be picking up her ashes.  I already have a tree to plant over her ashes when she comes home. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 09:50:39 pm by kathryn »
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience