Author Topic: Ambullneo Mastiff  (Read 12473 times)

lorim2

Ambullneo Mastiff
« on: February 06, 2007, 12:16:38 pm »
It looks like there is a chance we might be getting one of these guys.  He is 9 months old and a real sweetheart.  I already have an English Mastiff but if there is anything you guys can tell me about the ambulls I would appreciate it.  Thanks

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Ambullneo Mastiff
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:36 pm »
This is what I found!! I would be very careful!
They are not like an EM at all! A much, much harder temperament. If you are not experienced with hard dogs this is not the breed for you.

Ambullneo Mastiff

Origin:
The Ambullneo Mastiff is a fairly new breed, started in the early 1980's.
Its origin is from three types of mastiffs and three types of bulldogs. The Ambullneo Mastiff was specifically bred to be a family/property guardian and companion/family dog.

The Ambullneo Mastiff also excells in weight pulling, tracking, obedience, and schutzhund.

Description:
The Ambullneo Mastiff is a very large, powerful yet graceful dog. Muscular and athletic for short bursts of speed, along with a conformation built for endurance.

It has a broad, boxy head with some wrinkling. Its muzzle should be one-third the length of its whole head. Ears are triangular and are not erect, when left uncropped. Cropped and properly cared for while healing, its ears resemble a large cat's ears.

The teeth should meet in a level or undershot bite.The back should be level between the withers and the loin. The coat is short and thick, varying in color from the rare fawn to a shiny black. Brindles are common, as are white marks on the chests or feet. The tails are set high and reach to the hocks. Like most large dog breeds, their life expectancy is between 10 and 12 years.

Ambullneo Mastiffs are recognized by NKC.

Standards:

Males 25 to 27 inches; 115 to 140 pounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Females 24 to 26 inches; 100 to 120 pounds. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temperament:
The Ambullneo Mastiff was bred to be a guard dog. They will guard their family and property with their life.Experienc ed, quality dog owners are a must for this working dog. Training and socialization will produce an unbelievable dog----                          Second to None!
In a time when safety is an uncertainty, even the odds with the best!! Ambullneo Mastiff--the same dog that lets the kids dress him in doll clothes, when alone at home, stands guard because he knows         IT'S HIS JOB!!!

Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:15:24 pm »
Thanks for the info..I had just finished reading a ton from google...I am thinking that I might not be quite ready for this...but hopefully I can help the family find placement for him.  The last time I seen him, he was truly awesome and I am sure there is someone out there who is equipped to handle such a great dog.  Thanks again

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 08:43:20 pm »
Hmmmm......I've never heard of this breed either and I've heard of just about everything.... ..lol.

But being a new breed I can see why they aren't well known.  I agree that at this point temperment can't be set yet, and probably not even looks exactly.  I'm guessing the breed standard is still being tweaked a bit.

Sounds interesting though.