Author Topic: sick fur-kids  (Read 1956 times)

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
sick fur-kids
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:55:32 pm »
 Sophie had been "coughing" for a couple days, on and off, so i took her to the vet, and she has a chest cold. she is taking some meds for it. later that day, i noticed that my cat, cleo started sneezing, and today she is still sneezing, so i am thinking that she probably has a cold as well. the vet said that a lot of animals have been getting colds this season. so far none of my other furries are showing any symptoms, and i am *hoping* that it stays that way. i have 3 cats and 3 dogs, so if they all get sick, that will get pretty expensive! poor babies.
Leah

Anakalia

Re: sick fur-kids
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:03:12 pm »
I'm sorry your furkids aren't feeling well!  Koby and Quinn have been a bit under the weather lately too, but our house is a huge germ factory right now, everybodys sick!  Jenns vaporizer idea does work!  We've been using the vicks vaporizer and a cool mist humidifier and it seems to help.  Hopefully Sophie and Cleo feel better soon!

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: sick fur-kids UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:29:55 am »
well, Dasher has started to cough a little bit. not a lot but since my other furries are sick, im gonna take him to the vet and get him checked out. he is also due for his second round of vaccinations, so i'll just get it all done with. sophie isnt coughing that much anymore since she got some meds. her nose is still dry though. so far, cooper and my 2 other kitties arent showing any symptoms. *knock on wood*
Leah